Artist Point Trail

Artist Point Trail is a 1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mountainburg, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

1 mile out and back. The trail begins to the right of the gift shop, through the gate and down the hill you go. The trail is well marked and you just need to enjoy the views and scenery as you hike along. You'll pass a small bluff when you turn left that has some carving if you can search them out. There is a spring on the right just before the switchbacks. Be sure to step out on "Lovers Leap" to take in the view before going down the "flight of stairs". You can then also find a huge natural rock bridge that spans the creek making it an awesome to spend a few minutes before continuing. Did I mention it is steep coming back so this trail is not recommended for the pregnant, elderly or those with health issues.

it was just okay, the falls is a nice area as long as you're not hiking during the dry season. save some gas for the hike out and be sure to check in with the folks at the store before heading down.

Good short hike to scenic waterfalls. Pretty much 500 ft down and back up. Some interesting rock formations to check out as well, and the view from the top is pretty sweet.

I just did this trail in the winter to see the falls frozen. Pretty cool, but be careful the hike down was snow covered and slick.

This is the wrong time of year for waterfalls, but we figured we'd check it out anyway. We were rewarded with a mere trickle, but this is a really nice hike, and it's all about the journey, not the destination, right?

You're basically hiking down into the ravine, and then hiking back up out. The trail involves a lot of loose, rock areas, and an energetic dog on a leash could pull you to certain doom. We left ours at home, and enjoyed this short, enervating hike. My husband swears the noise we heard was a bear, but I insist it was a distant cow. Regardless, bear have, apparently, been seen on/near the trail, so keep your wits about you.

Do stop in the gift shop! There's a fun selection of jams and mustards, and the little museum is surprisingly interesting. Make sure you get to the back room for the view and to watch the hummingbirds. There's a spectacular view from the back porch, and do take a moment to marvel at all the kudzu.

Best part of the trail is the view at the beginning. We had rain the day before so waterfall at the bottom had at least a trickle of water, but plan to go after a few days of heavy rain. Do not be discouraged by what you read about the elevation change; very easy unless you never hike and are expecting an escalator or hand rail. Wife and I hiked with 1.5y/o strapped to chest. Stop by gift shop and see parrot and grab a geode on the way out. 24 mins down/26 mins up.

Lady at the store says there is a bear out there so I was pretty freaked out going down. The views from the trail did not meet my expectations. However the hike back up the trail was an excellent work out.

Pretty place. Multiple falls. Explorable

Really enjoyed this hike. My three boys did great going down, but coming out was a bit of a challenge for them. Ended up having to carry my 4 year old out. We will forsure be back to explore more of the bottom next time. Waterfall was perfect.

It was beautiful. Hard hike back out. Steep but worth it.

Took my son he's 9 it was kind of hard on him it wasn't a long distance but it was steep.

Very pretty waterfall, but definitely wait until a good rain. Very few people on the trail, probably saw 10 people the 4 hours we were there, which was really nice. The hike there is easy, but steep, and the hike back is definitely for someone who is rather fit. Not easy

Hard climb back out. Worth it, especially when water running. In my opinion not a route for the unfit, very young or older!!