Yaeger Canyon Loop Trail

Yaeger Canyon Loop Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cottonwood, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great loop, a little difficult to find the start, though. Hiked clockwise, which put the steep climb at the beginning. Wish it was a bit cooler, but fantastic nonetheless.

Great trail! Followed another user's directions and hiked the trail counter clockwise. Was a pretty heart pounding way up- good amount of exercise- mix of elevated areas and flat. Was pretty muddy when I went, but no part undoable. About 6.8 miles total loop. Biker on the trail told me he heard growling- it is bear country. Took me about 3 hours and reasonable pace.

One of my faves! So many ways to complete, if you want a short steep climb, you got it, 2 miles up and come back down. If you're going to distance, do the whole loop, it's closer to 7 total miles. It got toasty fast going up. The walk across the top thru the pines is incredible! Best if you go left to right if you're doin the loop for a overall down slope in terrain. Hike up the fire road and watch for trail on the right side of the road to begin again. Busy day since it was Memorial Day, usually on a week day, I don't see another soul.

Great trail! It states 5.7 miles, it is more like 6.8. We were a little less than prepared for the distance as we had dogs, 4! It also states kid and dog friendly, but i feel as though only kids with hiking experience and maybe not all 4 dogs. I will definitely be hiking this again!!

So close to Prescott Valley, and easy to park. Take 89A from PV to milepost 333, look for the "6000 ft elevation" sign, and follow the guard rail just after that. You will see a pullout for parking at the end of the guard rail. It's a little challenging to find the trailhead at first... look for the big fallen tree toward the right of the open wash area and the 533 sign is near there. Nice steady but heart-pumping climb to the top where you will have some nice views. The only downside is hearing cars in the distance. But by late afternoon there are only occasional cars and it makes for a nice sunset.

I liked it a lot, but had a little bit of a hard time finding it. The views were great. It happened to be during a heat wave....and we didnt start until 11...I wasnt exactly sure that I was on the correct trail, so when we were 1/2 out of water we turned around. ( my dog and I). I cant wait to go again and do the entire trail? About how long does it take? Cheers!

Just did this hike March 20 and the experience was great! WOnderful width and condition of trail. I can see why trail bikers would want to ride there. My wife and I had the trail to ourselves with views of the valley below wide ranging and clear. The change in vegetation was nice to notice , too on the way up as well as between the north and south facing canyons. It's a great workout too.We started with temperatures in the 70s. I wouldn't want to do this trail when it was above the 85 or so but there is plenty of shade. We picked a partly cloudy day that worked out well for us.

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Gorgeous hike with the best views.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Recommend going NE from the road instead of South, the climb is a bit steeper if you go south first in the loop. This loop is a combination of trails. Going NE is trail #28, right turn on#111 at the top of the ridge. Trail #111 runs parallel to FR413 before finally meeting up with it. Walk a short distance on FR413 before taking a right turn on trail #533 which takes you back down to the trailhead.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Good day hike. I didn't follow this route exactly as I cut up to FR413. If you follow the posted route it takes you on trail #28, #

Saturday, December 08, 2012