Yaeger Canyon Loop Trail

Yaeger Canyon Loop Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cottonwood, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Just did this hike March 20 and the experience was great! WOnderful width and condition of trail. I can see why trail bikers would want to ride there. My wife and I had the trail to ourselves with views of the valley below wide ranging and clear. The change in vegetation was nice to notice , too on the way up as well as between the north and south facing canyons. It's a great workout too.We started with temperatures in the 70s. I wouldn't want to do this trail when it was above the 85 or so but there is plenty of shade. We picked a partly cloudy day that worked out well for us.

I liked it a lot, but had a little bit of a hard time finding it. The views were great. It happened to be during a heat wave....and we didnt start until 11...I wasnt exactly sure that I was on the correct trail, so when we were 1/2 out of water we turned around. ( my dog and I). I cant wait to go again and do the entire trail? About how long does it take? Cheers!

Gorgeous hike with the best views.

Recommend going NE from the road instead of South, the climb is a bit steeper if you go south first in the loop. This loop is a combination of trails. Going NE is trail #28, right turn on#111 at the top of the ridge. Trail #111 runs parallel to FR413 before finally meeting up with it. Walk a short distance on FR413 before taking a right turn on trail #533 which takes you back down to the trailhead.

Good day hike. I didn't follow this route exactly as I cut up to FR413. If you follow the posted route it takes you on trail #28, #