Excellent trail, though I made a few modifications.
Went clockwise and was surprised how easy the Y-Bar trail was to follow after my last bushwhacking adventure in Deer Creek.
Note: at about 4.5 miles and after making it up over the 6’300’ elevation ridge I noticed that I had gone off track while following an obvious trail. I chose to backtrack to the point where you’re supposed to descend towards the Y-Bar basin. I spent 5 minutes looking for a fork in the trail and couldn’t find a way down...so I decided to follow the obvious trail which kept me closer to Mazatzal Peak. It’s possible that the original trail is completely overgrown...so prepare for a bushwhacking/pathfinding adventure if you want to do the trail as the map suggests!
On the way to Barnhardt Trail my gps wanted to lead me off trail again, but I chose to follow the obvious trail and that worked. I chose to follow Barnhardt Trail all the way down, though my map suggested going down through a wash instead.
I ended up clocking about 16 miles and 3,200’ elevation change...and the trail suggests 4,000’ elevation change which I believe might be true if following the gps closer instead of the trails I took.
Great adventure, and the waterfall on Barnhardt Trail wad running after all the recent rain!