Wolverine Pass

Wolverine Pass is a 6.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mesa, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

Interesting trail that was much more of an adventure than I expected!
Warning: This trail is more remote than most other trails in the area. It is a combination of regular trails, a few dirt roads and several washes.
Pay close attention to your map! There are a few well placed cairns, but it is not obvious which way to go on several occasions and it is quite easy to get off track.
I am in decent shape and have done a fair amount of hiking, but I went off trail twice, had my phone down to 10% battery, ran out of water, and ended up quite dehydrated on a “cool” June morning with only 90F.
Be smarter than me! Bring at least 2 liters of water if you go when it is hot, and make sure you have enough battery power if that is your only way to navigate.
I saw a dead horse in a wash and not a single person during the hike...and was happy when I made it back to my car. Be safe in the heat.