Wolf Creek Loop Trail #384

Wolf Creek Loop Trail #384 is a 5.4 mile out and back trail located near Prescott, Arizona that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options.

Distance: 5.4 miles Elevation Gain: 810 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Surrounded by beauty!!! Some spots with great views too. Very rocky terrain, we called it “ankle breakers”. I’m definitely glad I wore my high top hiking boots. No one got injured but could’ve definitely been possible. Saw so many horned lizards aka horny toads. They were small and adorable!! Also a tons of beautiful butterflies. Some wild flowers and just an array of trees!!! And cactus here and there. Inclines were just right not too strenuous and was able to take breaks with shade. Would love to come back to see the waterfall!!

I'm excited to do the full loop next time! We went counterclockwise, starting the trail where the gate is on the west side of the forest road. We took that all the way to where it crosses back with the road further south, then walked back along the road to our car. That was a little more than half of the full loop. Beautiful, lots of shade, VERY well marked. Many signs letting us know we were still on #384, with arrows clarifying direction. Parts were hard for me but each hard part was pretty short lived, but be warned if you have below average balance, certain spots are slick. There is no way I would do the full loop clockwise, because there was a section we went uphill for awhile, and when I looked back, it would have been risky for me to go back the same way downhill. I would need hiking poles. I'm quite out of shape, many probably find this trail on the easier side. I look forward to a return to this beautiful section of forest, will also camp here soon.

We saw 2 big butterflies. good stretch of a hike.

We took the 5.4 mi loop (trail 384) around with no problem. We were passed up by a few 4x4 vehicles on the portion of the trail that was part of the road. I would grade the main trail on the easier side of moderate. The scenery was beautiful. No running water at the Falls but the rock formations were easy to climb on but very smooth & slick at some points. The falls area were on the more difficult side of moderate. All portions of the trail were well marked. It was a great hike. I would like to go back when the water is flowing.

great hike! not as much shade as we thought there would be. easy to get off trail If not paying attention. lots of cool creeks along the way. very Rocky with some decent uphill portions

Beautiful quiet trail and well marked most of the way. Glad I kept my map open for the places that it wasn’t so well mapped. I’d say the trail is correctly rated as Moderate. We did see the falls, they were just dripping but pretty

Not for mountain bikes at all! I suppose an ATV or dirtbike would work. Nothing but huge chunk rocks throughout, and the trail is constantly shaped into a creek bed with very high walls (from the water erosion) walked my bike through 80% of this trail. Couple decent flat areas to pick up speed and a little rhythm. Definitely no single track. It’s also mostly super soft sand/grain to mush out your tires and speed. I guess ride this if you want a juggernaut workout.

Meh. Pretty boring if you don’t catch the falls. Also got bit by random couples dog which was a first. Good luck though!!

I drove up from Phoenix to get out of the heat and boy did I get what I came for! The trail was very scenic. I even ran into three deer that were just minding their own business. It started to rain but that didn’t stop me. I passed the trail once so I had to turn back around at one point but it was no big deal. I only saw one other person on the trail today. It was beautiful even in the rain. The air was fresh and clean. I put sunscreen on for no reason!

Great trail! Pretty tough for an inexperienced hiker but worth the effort. We never made it to the falls. It was difficult to follow the directions in other reviews, but would recommend just the same.

This was a fairly scenic trail. The waterfalls and creeks were running, which was beautiful. The trail was pretty easy going-mostly road-like for the duration. A few steep/slippery descents, but overall, pretty easy going hike. We saw some mountain bikers and a few other people along the way.

This was a pretty and serene trail. The waterfalls are well worth seeing; take the detour off the loop per the map. It was about 6 miles including the detour. There was a bit of up and down, but the footing was pretty easy, and most of the trail was more like a road. The altitude was a bit of a factor. Not sure if I would do this again, but if we are hiking other trails in the area after a rain, I would take the detour to see the waterfalls again.

Parked where 384 trail intersects closest to Old Senator Highway since easier to get to with low profile car. Went Counter clockwise. Take leg to right to get to waterfall. Didn’t go all the way since more technical, but will do next time. Unless you follow that leg, there are no other waterfalls. Interesting to hear rifle shots cracking off and ran across ATV’er.

Wolf Creek Loop Trail #384 was amazingly beautiful! The falls and creeks are full and running. We spent hours just exploring around the creek. If you follow the #384 you will do a 5.5 mile loop if you don’t want to do an in and out hike. The trail is good for dogs too!

Monday, May 07, 2018

The trail was really beautiful, but not clearly marked the farther you get down. Still fun and totally worth it! We went at the beginning of May and there were a few people on the trail too.

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Use these directions to the falls and save yourself confusion. Driving down E. Wolf Creek Rd, (eventually gravel) watch for trail mrkr384- marked on both sides of the road. The trail to the falls begins at a single swing gate on your left. Follow it downhill. When the trail opens up, do not continue to follow 384 signs. The falls are to your right when you hit this opening- you’ll see the top of the rocks and eventually be at the top of the falls if you continue right. We went mid-April and it was just a small drizzle of water over the rocks but still fairly scenic.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

The entrance to the trail was clearly marked 384. But where we came out of the trail was not where we entered. We found the waterfall, unfortunately it was dry. I would rate this trail as easy, good day to spend out in nature

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

I went in spring and even a local who'd been on the trail before couldn't find the falls. Finally after much scrambling and following noses, found it. whew!

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

My husband and I visited Wolf Creek Falls this past weekend with a couple of friends. The hike in was so much fun. We were the only people there and it was fantastic! A little chilly in the waterfall water, but, hey, when in Rome...We will definitely be back in early spring for some higher water levels, or maybe after monsoon waters hit. This was one of my favorite adventures thus far!

Sunday, April 16, 2017

awesome hike. getting down to the base of the lower falls takes some maneuvering, but it's totally worth it. all-in-all gorgeous. getting back to the trailhead has a lot of incline.

Friday, April 14, 2017

love this place.

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

The falls were pretty! Decent outing with the kids!