Wind Gap is a 4.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Apache Junction, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.5 miles Elevation Gain: 1,217 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Good simple trail, mostly light walking for most of the trail going through then the trail begins to get narrow and rocky through the boulders and high shrubs. Towards the end you climb up the side of the mountain and the view is tranquil and quiet.

Hiked as part of the praying hands loop

Little over grown for half of it, but a really beautiful hike. Once you get to the top it’s amazing views!

Rocky trail, no Shade, watch in the summer heat.

Recommend hiking shoes with amount of rock on path. When you reach the clearing there’s a large cairn....look directly east and another cairn will lead you to the trail to take you to the huge rock formation and split rock. I parked at the 2nd larger parking lot and took jacob’s crosscut and then the. wind gap trail veers to the left.

We headed up this trail with 7 kids ages 8-16. The first time we tried we missed the trail and ended up tying into treasure loop. You need to be careful at the beginning and carefully watch the app for directions. The second time we got the right trail. If you get off you do it right at the beginning. Once we got through that though it was pretty well distinguished. It was a great hike with a little bit of a challenge getting up the the gap. The gap was really cool. We were going to keep going to get to Massacre Ground but the 11 year old mutinyed and refused to keep going. Trying to find the trail to tie into massacre ground was hard and we hit an area with a lot of cacti, which was tricky with an 8 month old pup. Between the difficulty finding the trail and the tween revolt we just went up and back.

Good simple trail, mostly light walking for most of the trail going through then the trail begins to get narrow and rocky through the boulders and high shrubs etc. then towards the end you climb up the side of the mountain and the view is tranquil and quiet.

This trail only leads you to the wind gaps. You have to go farther to get to the tiny falls. You can follow it farther and get to Massacre falls as well. There’s a small section that looks like a dead end but you have to walk around a ledge to get back to the trail.

love this trail. it's a great if you are in a mood for some solitude. It might be a little bit confusing at the beginning of the trail but if staying left, you should be in a treat for a great hike.

I took a couple 7 year olds and a 10 year old and this trail pushed them pretty good. They were worn out after. Great views, pretty easy trail until the end. I definitely recommend keeping the app open with you as the trail is really easy to lose about 3/4 of the way up.

Awesome Hike Wind Gap/Slot Rock to Praying Hands...Fun, Scenic Moderate Hike :). 1-29-19

Nice trail, definitely moderate, nice incline with beautiful views. marking is poor, wasnt sure if we were on Wind Gap as there is nothing indicating so. came out in the wrong parking lot but it was worth the views.

One of my favorite trails in the superstitions. It’s simple most of the way up, but wind gap is so cool to check out. The views are beautiful, it’s fun to walk in between the gap of the rock walls, and then just break at the top. I’ve done it multiple times and will continue to.

Awesome little trail! Last 10% to the top is a little burner but not bad. If you’re not too proud to howl, there’s a pretty cool echo at the top. Follow the cairns. We went off trail a few times so it’s also good to have the app open.

This hike has been on my list for some time and I’m so glad I finally did it. I’m glad I have the App cause there are a few spots I got off trail.... some of which resembles a washed out area vs a trail. There was a slow, steady climb until the end where you climb straight up to the rock formations and the amazing views! I spent a majority of the hike in solitude but did run into a small group at the top. There’s not a lot of shade so even on a cool day you get warmed up. Definitely a hike I’d do again.

A nice hike for bigger kids. Steady incline till the end, where you have to scramble up the rocks a bit. The trail would have been hard to follow without the app. It is also pretty rocky much of the way.

Monday, September 24, 2018

Nice trail. A bit difficult to follow, but there is a good amount of cairns. Love the Superstitions!

Saturday, March 03, 2018

This trail is easy to miss at the beginning, check the map to be sure you go the right way. Almost all the trail is a little rocky, but easy enough to walk. As you get closer to the mountain the brush makes it a little more to follow the trail. Look for the piles of small rocks that someone left along the path to help mark the way. There was a little bit of an ascent to get up to the rocks at Wind Gap, but so well worth the views. I will do it again.

recorded Recording - Apr 10, 09:29 AM