Wind Cave Trail

Wind Cave Trail is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Mesa, Arizona that features a cave and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from November until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

For hikers who wish to be challenged, the trail doesn't end at the Wind Cave. There is a loop left exit of the cave, or by continuing past the cave at the main "entrance." There is scrambling involved regardless of which route you take.

This was a fairly challenging trail and it was a little tough to follow in some areas, but still fun! I'm going to wait until I'm in a little better shape before trying again. Didn't hang out in wind cave due to the bees, but it's really cool to listen to the mountain hum nonetheless!

Fun hike with good views, but usually very crowded.

Took my dog with me she loved it! Arrived at 6:40am. Went to the cave spent about 20 min resting- giving the baby (dog) food and lots of water. Round trip we did it in 3 hours... but I have a dog so factor that in. Shade all the way up, it was perfect! Sun in the way down, but not too bad. When we were done it was about 87, doggy was a bit tired but I was fine. Not even sore the next day for actually going up hill. Loved the hike!!!!

I was expecting a little more when I got to the top but it was still super cool & a fun trail!

awesome trail with awesome views from the top