Wind Cave Trail

Wind Cave Trail is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Mesa, Arizona that features a cave and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from November until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

For hikers who wish to be challenged, the trail doesn't end at the Wind Cave. There is a loop left exit of the cave, or by continuing past the cave at the main "entrance." There is scrambling involved regardless of which route you take.

We went a little later, got there about 8:20, not intentionally, but with kids it's a little more difficult to get them moving at 5am! It took us about 2.5 hours, just finishing up just before 11:00. It was great for us all.. my son (8) and daughter (3) loved it! We'll be back soon... our first for wind cave trail.

Lots of bees at the top

I started this hike just after 6am. It took a total of about 2 hours for the entire hike. If you go early in the morning the ascend up will be shaded. It's a moderate hike. The cave was much cooler. The bees were keeping to themselves. Nice views.

We went early in the morning, most of the trail stays shaded if you start early. (Before 7 in Aug)
It's a nice hike, a good moderate hike, not too long and the trail is easy to follow.
There are bees at the wind cave, so just a warning. They just buzz around you, but in case people are freaked out by them, there are quite a few.

Nice short burn, we did the pass trail first and at the end we did this trail .
good work out at thevend. nice views

A nice quick trail, close to Mesa so it's convenient.

Great hike for morning or evenings in the summer!! Great view of the city at night especially at sunset & after it gets darker.

Always great for sunset or early night hike. The view overlooking the desert and city is quite nice.

(I went last night and it was a solid 10-15 degrees cooler at the top than at my home in Chandler.)

This was a fairly challenging trail and it was a little tough to follow in some areas, but still fun! I'm going to wait until I'm in a little better shape before trying again. Didn't hang out in wind cave due to the bees, but it's really cool to listen to the mountain hum nonetheless!