Wind Cave Trail

Wind Cave Trail is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Mesa, Arizona that features a cave and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from November until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

For hikers who wish to be challenged, the trail doesn't end at the Wind Cave. There is a loop left exit of the cave, or by continuing past the cave at the main "entrance." There is scrambling involved regardless of which route you take.

One of my favorite trails in the Valley. Great hike for people of all ages. The trail is easy to follow and well groomed. Should take most people about an hour and a half to hike round trip but great views at the top and you get to see a few chipmunks looking for some food.

Just did this trail today in the morning and it was awesome. I got there at 7:00AM and it took me about an hour to get to the top. The trail is shaded all the way up and even when I was coming down around 8:15ish it was shaded for about half the trail. The cave is super legit! All in all a great hike. Not too hard, but just enough to make you feel good and enjoy the outdoors. Enjoy!!!

very busy trail, but great views and great hike.

It took my girlfriend and I (both beginners) 1.5 hours to get to the top. The view was moderate as there is only a 180° view of the plain surrounding desert. On the plus side, the trail is suitable for everyone and is shaded until about 8AM (in September).

Awesome hike for beginners

Trail run here every weekend. Has good shade in morning if you come early. Great summer uphill running trail. Gets busy with tourists in the winter.

Great fast hike also good for a trail run.

We went a little later, got there about 8:20, not intentionally, but with kids it's a little more difficult to get them moving at 5am! It took us about 2.5 hours, just finishing up just before 11:00. It was great for us all.. my son (8) and daughter (3) loved it! We'll be back soon... our first for wind cave trail.

Lots of bees at the top

I started this hike just after 6am. It took a total of about 2 hours for the entire hike. If you go early in the morning the ascend up will be shaded. It's a moderate hike. The cave was much cooler. The bees were keeping to themselves. Nice views.

We went early in the morning, most of the trail stays shaded if you start early. (Before 7 in Aug)
It's a nice hike, a good moderate hike, not too long and the trail is easy to follow.
There are bees at the wind cave, so just a warning. They just buzz around you, but in case people are freaked out by them, there are quite a few.

Nice short burn, we did the pass trail first and at the end we did this trail .
good work out at thevend. nice views