North Wilson Mountain Trail

North Wilson Mountain Trail is a 9.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Flagstaff: Drive 22 miles south of Flagstaff or 2 miles north of Sedona on U. S. 89A. The trailhead is just north of Midgely Bridge where you'll find a small parking lot and a monument to Richard Wilson who was killed by a grizzly in this area in 1885.

me and my 10 yrs old kid loved it. The view overlooking sedona is great.

Great trail. Hot in summertime. The walk up to the first plateau is great but go to the top and look over into secret canyon wilderness. Just awesome. One of my favorite places in the world. Bring plenty of water.

Beautiful views! Go after a good rainfall or snowmelt and you will have an awesome view of a spetacular waterfall across the canyon.

Very light traffic. Such an amazing hike. I enjoyed the cool canyon approach. The switchbacks up to the First Bench were the toughest part of the whole hike! The Sedona view is incredible. The view of San Francisco Peaks were incredible. It's a long and taxing hike, but worth the effort!

Only giving it three stars because my boyfriend wanted to leave early so we didn't do the full thing. Only did about a 2 Mile hike (I think, we stopped before we came across any sign). Still very beautiful and I shall go back to complete it!

Amazing views.. Did this hike with a friend yesterday. None of my friends had heard about this hike but because of the reviews I had to try it myself. We only saw 5 people on the entire hike.

The views throughout the hike are great and at times spectacular. I don't know why so few people do this hike, we saw 5 hikers yesterday. Maybe because it's between 11 and 12 miles (depending on your GPS tracker) people don't want to go here. I plan on going back again with more friends to show them the views.

Great hike alternate to Wilson Mtn instead of from Midgely Bridge. Areas on the switchbacks before you get to the first bench are very loose recommend poles particularly on descent.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

incredible views of the surrounding rocky cliffs. due to the weather we did not go all the way to the top of Wilson mountain. regardless it was beautiful and shaded for good portions. bring water. it is a good climb.