Willow Lake Trail

Willow Lake Trail is a 6.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Prescott, Arizona that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

I tried the loop but it was covered in water... good well marked trailheads. I clocked 7.25 miles but I did wander around with the dog. Great day trip.

Lots of low parts underwater. Passable if you don't mind getting your feet wet or climbing some rocks.

super cool. climbing the rocks and seeing the view from the top! awesome time .

It's a fun hike with a few side trails. it could be a little confusing if you don't know the area. It is sad that the lake is extremely low and there is seaweed everywhere. I did my best to kayak out to the middle and it was about 4 feet deep. It's also free parking on Wednesday

This is a very confusing trail that is poorly marked. If you look at the trail map the upper portion has lots of direction options with no signage.. If you skip this part of the trail and walk along the lake you will find a very pleasant trail also good for children and dogs.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Forgot to mention the sunset was blocked out by a distant mountain...

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Maybe it was my timing, but the flying bugs were swarming in clouds, water was low exposing trash and what not, there was trash and old fire pits up in the rocks, lots of people and noise in the RV park too. I will not be going again. Entirely too close to too many people that disrespect the beautiful land.

Friday, April 29, 2016

We did a 5.5 mile loop since the water was a little lower. Some bouldering and elevation change, but overall a beautiful hike.

Friday, April 29, 2016

Sunday, April 17, 2016

My husband and I did the 6 mile loop trail. Overall it was a beautiful trail. Especially through the Granite Boulder section thru the Red Bridge. I would rate this as easy.