Willow Lake Trail

Willow Lake Trail is a 6.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Prescott, Arizona that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

I tried the loop but it was covered in water... good well marked trailheads. I clocked 7.25 miles but I did wander around with the dog. Great day trip.

Lots of low parts underwater. Passable if you don't mind getting your feet wet or climbing some rocks.

super cool. climbing the rocks and seeing the view from the top! awesome time .

It's a fun hike with a few side trails. it could be a little confusing if you don't know the area. It is sad that the lake is extremely low and there is seaweed everywhere. I did my best to kayak out to the middle and it was about 4 feet deep. It's also free parking on Wednesday

This is a very confusing trail that is poorly marked. If you look at the trail map the upper portion has lots of direction options with no signage.. If you skip this part of the trail and walk along the lake you will find a very pleasant trail also good for children and dogs.

Forgot to mention the sunset was blocked out by a distant mountain...

Maybe it was my timing, but the flying bugs were swarming in clouds, water was low exposing trash and what not, there was trash and old fire pits up in the rocks, lots of people and noise in the RV park too. I will not be going again. Entirely too close to too many people that disrespect the beautiful land.

We did a 5.5 mile loop since the water was a little lower. Some bouldering and elevation change, but overall a beautiful hike.

My husband and I did the 6 mile loop trail. Overall it was a beautiful trail. Especially through the Granite Boulder section thru the Red Bridge. I would rate this as easy.

Very Beautiful Hike! We did the loop around the whole lake which included walking through a marsh area which wasn't too muddy when we went. The dogs loved it but please make sure you keep your dog (esp puppies) on leash if they do not have a good recall. Other than that, it was a very beautiful and scenic route. Very easy hike but make sure you have time for it because you will want to stop for pictures a lot along the way. I would suggest when you get to the marsh area, turn around and come back the same way because the rest of the hike isn't all that pretty. The maps here don't show the track of the loop and I didn't think to record it but the path is very well outlined with signs along the way. We passed heritage zoo and found a parking lot near a pier. I plan on doing the hike again soon so I can post better directions then :)