Willow Lake Trail

Willow Lake Trail is a 5.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Prescott, Arizona that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Love hiking here and so does my dog

Read this before you hike!!

This is a truly beautiful hike and we did not find it difficult to navigate until 5.5 miles in when the trail goes through a marsh!! Do not attempt the entire loop unless you brought your waders.

When you start from the park or the zoo start left on the trail and it is easy to navigate. I'd recommend going to about the 4 mile mark where there is a bench installed with a beautiful view -- then turn around and go back. Also note, there is a lot of up and down, so while only marked 449 feet in elevation, my Fitbit tells me I went up 40 flights of stairs, so a more difficult hike than I expected. I have to believe the trail is also longer than 5.7 miles as my Fitbit told me I was at 5.5 miles when we hit the marsh and we were only maybe 3/4 of the way around the lake at that point. I personally would not hike alone as there is some points where you are climbing up and down rocks and we did not see a single other person on the trail when we were on it.

Trails are marked clearly and maps throughout. Good challenge

I tried the loop but it was covered in water... good well marked trailheads. I clocked 7.25 miles but I did wander around with the dog. Great day trip.

Lots of low parts underwater. Passable if you don't mind getting your feet wet or climbing some rocks.

super cool. climbing the rocks and seeing the view from the top! awesome time .

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

It's a fun hike with a few side trails. it could be a little confusing if you don't know the area. It is sad that the lake is extremely low and there is seaweed everywhere. I did my best to kayak out to the middle and it was about 4 feet deep. It's also free parking on Wednesday

Thursday, August 18, 2016

This is a very confusing trail that is poorly marked. If you look at the trail map the upper portion has lots of direction options with no signage.. If you skip this part of the trail and walk along the lake you will find a very pleasant trail also good for children and dogs.

Monday, August 15, 2016