Willow Lake Trail

Willow Lake Trail is a 5.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Prescott, Arizona that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Gorgeous and challenging.

This is a great hike. There are very easy parts, and some more challenging areas. We did this hike with my daughter packing my grandson on her back, and we were able to have a conversation while hiking.

Love hiking here and so does my dog

Read this before you hike!!

This is a truly beautiful hike and we did not find it difficult to navigate until 5.5 miles in when the trail goes through a marsh!! Do not attempt the entire loop unless you brought your waders.

When you start from the park or the zoo start left on the trail and it is easy to navigate. I'd recommend going to about the 4 mile mark where there is a bench installed with a beautiful view -- then turn around and go back. Also note, there is a lot of up and down, so while only marked 449 feet in elevation, my Fitbit tells me I went up 40 flights of stairs, so a more difficult hike than I expected. I have to believe the trail is also longer than 5.7 miles as my Fitbit told me I was at 5.5 miles when we hit the marsh and we were only maybe 3/4 of the way around the lake at that point. I personally would not hike alone as there is some points where you are climbing up and down rocks and we did not see a single other person on the trail when we were on it.

Trails are marked clearly and maps throughout. Good challenge

I tried the loop but it was covered in water... good well marked trailheads. I clocked 7.25 miles but I did wander around with the dog. Great day trip.

Lots of low parts underwater. Passable if you don't mind getting your feet wet or climbing some rocks.

Monday, October 24, 2016

super cool. climbing the rocks and seeing the view from the top! awesome time .

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

It's a fun hike with a few side trails. it could be a little confusing if you don't know the area. It is sad that the lake is extremely low and there is seaweed everywhere. I did my best to kayak out to the middle and it was about 4 feet deep. It's also free parking on Wednesday

Thursday, August 18, 2016

This is a very confusing trail that is poorly marked. If you look at the trail map the upper portion has lots of direction options with no signage.. If you skip this part of the trail and walk along the lake you will find a very pleasant trail also good for children and dogs.

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Forgot to mention the sunset was blocked out by a distant mountain...

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Maybe it was my timing, but the flying bugs were swarming in clouds, water was low exposing trash and what not, there was trash and old fire pits up in the rocks, lots of people and noise in the RV park too. I will not be going again. Entirely too close to too many people that disrespect the beautiful land.

Friday, April 29, 2016

We did a 5.5 mile loop since the water was a little lower. Some bouldering and elevation change, but overall a beautiful hike.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

My husband and I did the 6 mile loop trail. Overall it was a beautiful trail. Especially through the Granite Boulder section thru the Red Bridge. I would rate this as easy.

Monday, March 14, 2016

Very Beautiful Hike! We did the loop around the whole lake which included walking through a marsh area which wasn't too muddy when we went. The dogs loved it but please make sure you keep your dog (esp puppies) on leash if they do not have a good recall. Other than that, it was a very beautiful and scenic route. Very easy hike but make sure you have time for it because you will want to stop for pictures a lot along the way. I would suggest when you get to the marsh area, turn around and come back the same way because the rest of the hike isn't all that pretty. The maps here don't show the track of the loop and I didn't think to record it but the path is very well outlined with signs along the way. We passed heritage zoo and found a parking lot near a pier. I plan on doing the hike again soon so I can post better directions then :)

Monday, October 26, 2015

One of my favorite trails!!! Very beautiful and gorgeous climbing! Love it!

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Very nice hike around the area. The lake was very low while I was there, but still was a nice area to see.

Monday, April 07, 2014

Very easy and popular trail--great for families, and right on the edge of town.