Wild Burro Trail

Wild Burro Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Peoria, Arizona that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Actually burros visited.

I hiked this trail in hopes of finding burros, I arrived at the trailhead in the afternoon and I did not find any burros. The trail itself is relatively easy with a light elevation gain. I started at the very top of the trail around Peninsula Rd and then made my way down to other end of the trail. It was great getting to look at Lake Pleasant and have a quiet walk around the lake. If your looking for burros, I would suggest either getting there in the evening or in the early morning.

Saw six or eight burros on the North end of he trail.
Restroom at the trailhead was a lifesaver.

Awesome trail. Beautiful scenery at several look out points, and a nice shady area about 1/3 of the way in.

We took our Cub Scouts on this trail. It was great for them to see signs of wildlife on this destination hike. It’s great to have a goal (like seeing the lake) for the kids to look forward to!

Tuesday, January 17, 2017