White Rock Canyon Trail

White Rock Canyon Trail is a 6.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Temple Bar Marina, Arizona that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 6.6 miles Elevation Gain: 1,377 feet Route Type: Out & Back

My favorite hike. Went off trail and went thru 3 tunnels and face some challenging climbs during the hike. I'd do this one again.

Make sure you go right at the trail head, went left, and a 12 foot ladder about 1/4 mile before the river prevented me from finishing with my GSD. Trail head is a bit rocky, overall a good hike.

This hike was awesome! My two kids joined us as well. 10 and 7 but athletic. Rocky and through washes in the canyon are most of the trail. Some rock climbing, nothing crazy though. Once you get to the river it’s pretty amazing. Ducks, helicopters, canoes, camping, boats. Through the hot springs was our favorite. Each sandbagged pool got warmer and warmer on the way up. Climbing the ladder was pretty fun too. Stay and hang around awhile, but cool off before your trek out. The loop is not shaded like the way we came in. I highly recommend this trail.

The washes can be hard to hike in if you have sandals, make sure you have good tennis shoes or hiking boots

Sunday, April 08, 2018