Wave Cave Trail

Wave Cave Trail is a 3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Canyon, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Utah Travel Council, Council Hall, P.O. Box 147420 , Salt Lake City, UT, 84114, Phone: 801-538-1030, travel@utah.com

To the person who attempted to break into my car while I was on this hike - you are scum. You deserve the absolute worst and it’s people like you that the world doesn’t need. How awful are you. The fact that you couldn’t even break a window with a rock says a lot about the type of criminal you are. You deserve a spot in hell. For all of you who are planning to do this hike - please be aware there is someone out there attempting to break into your vehicle while you are out in your hike.

It was such a nice hike!! Not too difficult just towards the end there’s about a 3/4 a mile of just steep hiking and I’m in relatively good shape! Bring lots of water and go early it’s HOT out!!

wonderful hike with beautiful views! we missed the gate to get to the cave so we got a little lost. could use better signage but otherwise a great hike :) we went in february and it was still moderately hot (at least compared to the subzero weather we were used to in north dakota) we forgot water and there is nowhere to get water there fyi. trail gets steep and challenging right before you reach the cave. the cave makes for a great spot to relax and cool down before heading back. amazing views from the cave!

Pay for your public lands pass online. Make sure you have the proper hiking shoes! Bring plenty of water! And don’t bring your dogs on this hike mid summer. Seriously it’s ridiculous!! It’s too hot for them just because you don’t think it’s hot they think otherwise.

Fun hike. I've done this one twice and haven't had any problems with it

So I’m pretty sure I’m the only person in the world that managed to get lost on this trail. Just be sure to park, and literally go straight up and through the barbed wire fence :)

Fun trail with great views and the cave is awesome! Steep towards the top and a few spots to climb over some rocks - which makes it fun!

Great hike. A ton of fun and a great view. Harder towards the top.

It’s a great hike. It gets steep near the top and you really need proper hiking shoes or trail running shoes with really good grip. I saw several people fall over. I found it harder going down - loose rock etc. It took as 1.20hr going up and we are of average fitness. People had their dogs.

This is a great hike. Starts easy but gets really steep towards the top. I had to take several brakes close to the top. Once you get in the cave, it is all worth it. It is a lot cooler and worth the view. A fun hike!

Made the mistake of going when it was 100 degrees out. There’s no shade until you get to the cave. The last part of the hike is pretty steep. Had to get on all 4s to get down some of the boulders and did slip a couple times. The wave was pretty cool and we had fun taking pictures. Would only recommend going when it’s cooler outside. I didn’t find the trail difficult to follow at all.

We loved this hike. I took my 8 year old. I would recommend a hiking shoe as there is some loose rock and the end of the trail and it gets steep. At the end.It is worth the beautiful view and the cave was bigger than I expected.

cool little hike with a sweet swell at the end

Really awesome climb with a rewarding view. Saw some mountain goats as well!! lol

Great hike, lots of shade at the top. Trail was a little hard to follow at the base but got way better. My golden retriever loved the shade and sand to play in at the cave.

Totally worth the hike. Things to know: there is absolutely no shade the whole way up, but there is plenty at the top. The trail is easy to follow if you go straight through the fence and follow the trail (if it forks, don't follow the path that has rocks blocking the way on the ground). Of course, bring a lot of water.

Love this beautiful hike!

Great hike! Challenging toward the end as most have said.
From the parking lot it was actually 1.5 miles out and back, not 3 as the app says. The trail is not marked so just keep walking straight and go past the barbwire fence. Also, the road to get to it is all dirt and rock, could be a challenge for smaller cars to navigate (wish we would have known). Bring lots of water! Enjoy

Nice inline, definalty have a lot of water if it's hot outside, since towards the end it gets fairly steep. Well worth it, beautiful view.

Such a fun beautiful hike. If you bring a dog please pack the poop out. So many people leave the poop bags at the entrance. Don’t be a Ricard. Leave the places you visit how you found them.

outstanding! think this trail should be listed as difficult. it's not far but. it is steep in spots. some people may have to use their hands. but we'll worth it.. enjoy!

fun hike, a little hard towards the end but very well worth it.

Great hike, easy except the last part up to the cave itself, but well worth it

Absolutely beautiful.

Wonderful geographic feature! A must do when you are ready for climb!!! I would recommend gloves as occasionally you need the rocks to help provide balance. It is actually 3.0 miles from the gate, which is about 0.5 miles in to the walk/hike! Take a picnic and enjoy the view! Photos are so much fun to take on the wave!

Beautiful hike with an amazing view.

Wonderful hike! It’s hard... don’t let anyone tell you differently

the cave is absolutely amazing! The trails were very confusing is the only reason I rated it a 4. We got lost along with other groups multiple times. You can see the cave from the road but getting there is a task if you don't know the right trail to take. Near the cave it get a bit harder and loose gravel. My 7 year old nephew did it with a few slips and falls. This is a great hike and I would defiantly go back

Great hike, great views. Will do again for sure!!

The trail starts out as Peralta Trail then breaks off about a mile in. Instead of following signs to the right or left for Peralta, continue straight through the gap in the fence. It’s difficult to see, but if you’re not going straight towards the butte, you’re going the wrong way. Please don’t underestimate the difficulty of the last .75 miles of this hike. It’s straight up (like camelback) with no shade. Bring plenty of water and take breaks as needed. The view at the top is beautiful, but it’s definitely not a beginners hike.