Wave Cave Trail

Wave Cave Trail is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Canyon, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Utah Travel Council, Council Hall, P.O. Box 147420 , Salt Lake City, UT, 84114, Phone: 801-538-1030, travel@utah.com

This is a great semi challenging hike. It is going to take about an hour and a half to get up to the cave but it is worth it because it has great views. Be careful because it looks like bees are trying to start a hive near the entrance to the cave. If you get there around 6 there will not be many people at all but around 8 or 9 there will be a lot of cars there in the parking area.

Can we say incline....incline and then some more inclines. Wow took my boyfriend,Son and Dad. It got too steep for Dad. Tiny trail ,not always marked, quite busy. It's a workout indeed. Didn't make it to the cave this time but boyfriend and I will next time..Great Hike just STEEP .....

It was awesome! I hiked to the Wave Cave with my wife, 9 year old daughter and 7 year old son. We did it, although it was not easy it was worth it. We are not hikers, but wanted to do something fun as a family. It is moderate for hikers, but challenging for beginners and kids.

The trail is not marked well and can be a bit confusing at times. ***when you get to the first bar wire and it says no trespassing, read the entire message. You NEED to go through it to hike up. There is an opening to the right of the sign.

It was about 85 degrees and we carried about 1.5 gallons of water, 3 bananas, 2 apples, peanut butter, honey and some Lara Bars and used just about everything we had.

There were times we had to use our hands to get up and had to sit on our behinds to get down.

Pictures can be challenging to take and you may need a flash.

Great early morning hike. More challenging than expected for the last quarter mile. AJ got a lot of rain two nights before we went so the trail was a bit washed out and tricky in some spots but we found our way quickly. The views are amazing! We made it down the dirt road (Peralta) just fine in my Toyota Corolla. Will definitely do again!

perfect place!! my kids love the trail.

I've done this three times now and still enjoy it. I find the trail difficult the closer you get to the cave but the end has a great reward. Also you usually run into people at the cave and along the way who are friendly!

Great hike! Gets harder as you get closer to the cave, and we noticed there were a couple of "trails" leading up to it.