Wave Cave Trail

Wave Cave Trail is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Canyon, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Utah Travel Council, Council Hall, P.O. Box 147420 , Salt Lake City, UT, 84114, Phone: 801-538-1030, travel@utah.com

4 minutes ago

It was awesome! I hiked to the Wave Cave with my wife, 9 year old daughter and 7 year old son. We did it, although it was not easy it was worth it. We are not hikers, but wanted to do something fun as a family. It is moderate for hikers, but challenging for beginners and kids.

The trail is not marked well and can be a bit confusing at times. ***when you get to the first bar wire and it says no trespassing, read the entire message. You NEED to go through it to hike up. There is an opening to the right of the sign.

It was about 85 degrees and we carried about 1.5 gallons of water, 3 bananas, 2 apples, peanut butter, honey and some Lara Bars and used just about everything we had.

There were times we had to use our hands to get up and had to sit on our behinds to get down.

Pictures can be challenging to take and you may need a flash.

Great early morning hike. More challenging than expected for the last quarter mile. AJ got a lot of rain two nights before we went so the trail was a bit washed out and tricky in some spots but we found our way quickly. The views are amazing! We made it down the dirt road (Peralta) just fine in my Toyota Corolla. Will definitely do again!

perfect place!! my kids love the trail.

I've done this three times now and still enjoy it. I find the trail difficult the closer you get to the cave but the end has a great reward. Also you usually run into people at the cave and along the way who are friendly!

Great hike! Gets harder as you get closer to the cave, and we noticed there were a couple of "trails" leading up to it.

Very fun hike. Beautiful views. Have to start early as most of the trail was in the sun. Lots and lots of bugs and bees so I recommend bug spray. I took a BMW sedan on the dirt road and it the car made it but could have been iffy in a few spots.

This was a great hike! I loved the trail and the cave at the end. I would like to give everyone a heads up that the road leading up to the trailhead is very rough, I would recommend only taking a 4x4 vehicle on this road.

Fun! Took my 13 & 14 year old and had a blast. Got great photos too. Was a nice memory from our visit to AZ. More challenging than I expected but worth it!

This is a moderate to hard hike. The last quarter mile is hard. It requires you to climb over boulders, but it is worth it when you get to the cave. We started the hike at 6:30am. It took us 1 hour and 10 minutes to get to the cave. We spent about half an hour in the cave. It took us 50 minutes to hike down. The trail is not marked, but it's fairly easy to follow.