Wave Cave Trail

Wave Cave Trail is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Canyon, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Utah Travel Council, Council Hall, P.O. Box 147420 , Salt Lake City, UT, 84114, Phone: 801-538-1030, travel@utah.com

7 minutes ago

Beautiful views. Arduous hike with a 40 pound pack. Whew....

1 hour ago

Great hike but I do believe it is harder than the moderate rate it is given! We got off course right away ( don't listen to husband lol) When you arrive and hike up the wide road, go through the posts that are marked with orange posts!!! You can get right through the mini maze and head on up. It's a climb mostly straight up with some pretty big rocks to go through! My heart was literally beating out of my chest and I have hiked a lot! Younger people scoot right up but my 54 year old body was being put through its paces! Take your time as it is worth the climb at the top! It was not heavily trafficked but I saw about 40 people during the whole hike. Great pics at the wave and we headed on down. It only took up 30 minutes to get down

amazing views.

Cool destination. Someone please mark the trail! So many people were going the wrong way, and I would have, too, if I didn't have an experienced friend. We got caught in the rain, and everything was so pretty! Had to park far from the trailhead because there wasn't enough parking, but the walk from Lost Goldmine parking lot is pretty and easy.

Was pretty easy for the post part. You wanna wear shoes that have traction because toward the top it’s loose dirt and rocks. Beautiful views.

Great hike that rewards you with a beautiful view, and great lunch site. Photo opportunity galore! We got to the trail head about 7:30 and the parking was already filling up. Trail starts out flat to slowly elevating. It became fairly steep fast. Some hand over hand climbing. Large boulders and lose rock and gravel. We are a group of retired hikers. If you are, then be in good shape. This is considered a moderate hike. I would Place it on the hard side of moderate. If you’re in your 20s 30s,and in decent shape, it’s a piece of cake. A must do.

Great short hike. Starts out easy, then inclines at the last part of the trail, just before the cave. people were slipping due to wearing non hiking footwear. If you're not wearing hiking boots then please be careful, its easy to slide. The cave is worth the short hike up! It was a very cool hike

Loved this hike! Great views and just a bit challenging towards the end. Stopped to catch my breath a few times. We did get a little turned around at first. We parked where the directions took us, walked straight back towards the mtn and hit a fence. The trail signs point right and left (we tried both) but there is actually a small opening in the fence! Keeping walking straight, you'll see it.

Great hike!

Not marked very well/at all. Make sure to go through the fence when you get to it or you will end up on a different trail. Views are good, people are nice, touristy.

1st outing

Bucket list worthy! ! The first parking lot was packed with lots of cars parked illegally on the dirt road so drive past this lot and drive another 1/4 mile and park at the gold mine parking lot - lots of parking spots and wide open when we got there . Adds a little time to the hike - about 10 -15mins but beautiful scenery so again , bucket list worthy!!! We hiked mid day on a Sunday and it was a tad bit crowded but I wouldn’t call it heavily trafficked . Everybody on the trail was super friendly so being a tad bit crowded was really no big deal. Every hiking trail in AZ is crowded this time of year anyhow. Will definitely do this one again! Happy trails everyone .

Definitely gets your heart rate going. It starts off easy then gets steep. A lot of loose rocks.

Totally worth it! Bring a snack to enjoy in the cave

This hike is pretty "moderate" at the end, but smooth hiking at the beginning and on the way down. There is loose sand at the top too. Easy to slip. Worth the view!

Enjoyed the hike and the views are great.

So love this

Amazing photos and memories!

Definitely a moderate hike pretty short. Just don’t get off trail :) lol

It was worth the hike. It's a moderate to hard hike since you would be climbing uphill till you reach the cave. we went in the evening and it was a beautiful experience.