Wave Cave Trail

Wave Cave Trail is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Canyon, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Utah Travel Council, Council Hall, P.O. Box 147420 , Salt Lake City, UT, 84114, Phone: 801-538-1030, travel@utah.com

Starts out flat for the first half of the trail then gradually becomes steep and rocky until you reach the cave. The cave is quite deep and wide, makes for great pictures. Very fine and powdery dirt inside cave that gets into everything!

Great hike

No definite trail but definitely worth the hike up to see the cave. Pretty good workout.

Nice hike. Took me about 2 hours to complete.

Nice hike. An incline most the up, gets pretty steep towards the top. Beautiful views for sure, but very busy.

Great hike! A bit of a workout the last .5 miles and well worth reward.

It wasn't to bad, the ground coming down would have been terribly hard if you're not wearing the right shoes. the last 1/3 of the trail was very steep, especially towards the end, I think thats where all the elavation is. A fun spot to take pictures but deffinetly won't be back to this trail.

Great hike, loved the view and got some awesome pictures. Glad to have crossed this off of my list to visit. Hike was moderate not hard and the cave was a great experience.

According to my Strava app... incline was 1600 and we did 4.3 miles

The cave itself is really cool. Glad we did it, wont be back unless we have a random weekday off. Basically on the weekends it is a parade of people and felt like a rush hour traffic jam

Great short hike but you have to go early or you are guaranteed to be hiking in a line of people.

It’s worth it for the pics you can take in the cave. Hike is easy in the beginning. The last 1/3 is harder. Peralta Trail offers better views than this trail.

Easy hike if you are experienced hiker. Harder for those who are not in the best of shape. Wish we had better shoes in some areas. Beautiful views. Saw lots of families and pets on the trail. *** ONE tricky area. As you start the climb there will be a split in the path. Make sure you go through the fence when you come to the fork in the path. Do not follow the trail signs. Walk through the barbed wire fence. ****

Trail is nice and short. Can get quite crowded though. It was almost like walking in a long line of people. We went around 10:30 am so I am sure if you go earlier it will not be as busy. The cave was very cool and had some great views. The incline towards the top can be a little steep but not too bad.

This trail is a near constant incline after about 1/3 mile in. It wasn’t technical, but it was demanding. At times I was wishing Uber offered helicopter service. It’s a gorgeous area, though, and the views were amazing. The trail is pretty exposed with not much shade until you get closer to the cave. Wear shoes with good traction. Also, I think it’s more like 4 miles round trip.

Great short hike with really nice views. Do not be fooled by the posts saying it’s an easy hike, those are the same people that say drinking the water in Mexico is a good idea. The last little bit is difficult but well worth the view. Make sure to get there early parking can become a problem.

This was more then a moderate hike for me. Make sure you bring enough water. It is a bit of a climb. As I was going up I was worried about coming back down. But coming down was not so bad. I did see a few people slip coming down so watch your footing. Very beautiful view. I was able to take some really cute pictures with my kids.

I would not call this hike "moderate". There are a few spots along the way that you're scrambling up rocks, the trail is pretty slippery at spots, and there are a few steep incline sections especially towards the top. It is a good hike, but I would label it "challenging". It's fun, just be ready for a leg workout!

Great hike with some spectacular views when you get to the Wave Cave. The last 100 yards or so is really steep. Watch your footing on the way down, it gets slippery from all the loose rocks and dirt on those steep sections. Both young & old and novice & seasoned hikers can enjoy.