Wave Cave Trail

Wave Cave Trail is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Canyon, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Utah Travel Council, Council Hall, P.O. Box 147420 , Salt Lake City, UT, 84114, Phone: 801-538-1030, travel@utah.com

Great hike! Gets harder as you get closer to the cave, and we noticed there were a couple of "trails" leading up to it.

Very fun hike. Beautiful views. Have to start early as most of the trail was in the sun. Lots and lots of bugs and bees so I recommend bug spray. I took a BMW sedan on the dirt road and it the car made it but could have been iffy in a few spots.

This was a great hike! I loved the trail and the cave at the end. I would like to give everyone a heads up that the road leading up to the trailhead is very rough, I would recommend only taking a 4x4 vehicle on this road.

Fun! Took my 13 & 14 year old and had a blast. Got great photos too. Was a nice memory from our visit to AZ. More challenging than I expected but worth it!

This is a moderate to hard hike. The last quarter mile is hard. It requires you to climb over boulders, but it is worth it when you get to the cave. We started the hike at 6:30am. It took us 1 hour and 10 minutes to get to the cave. We spent about half an hour in the cave. It took us 50 minutes to hike down. The trail is not marked, but it's fairly easy to follow.

Did this hike at the end of April .... it was hard to follow.... I've never had issues hiking and staying on trails (usually hike the ozark area) but anyways found the trail (eventually saw some guy trotting along at a good pace so we went that direction) and if we hadn't been off the trail and roughing it then it probably would have been easier. The very end sucks but it most definitely is worth it!!! If you aren't in good physical condition I'd definitely think about it before doing it.

Great hike! Fools you a bit at the beginning.. well marked, easy trail at first, but a pretty aggressive ascend towards the top... so pay attention!!

Good hike to do in the evening. Mostly shaded as the sun goes down!!

Loved it. Very easy to find.