Wave Cave Trail

Wave Cave Trail is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Canyon, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Utah Travel Council, Council Hall, P.O. Box 147420 , Salt Lake City, UT, 84114, Phone: 801-538-1030, travel@utah.com

Great hike! Fools you a bit at the beginning.. well marked, easy trail at first, but a pretty aggressive ascend towards the top... so pay attention!!

Good hike to do in the evening. Mostly shaded as the sun goes down!!

Loved it. Very easy to find.

Great hike. Go in the morning or early evening. Not a lot of shade. We did run into a Mojave Rattler about 100 yards from the cave on a rocky out cropping about shoulder high. Great story, but I'll spare you the details. We did this hike about 8 am in April; by the time we got in and back, it was about 12. That was with 7 people ranging from 10 to 40.

To start, the trip to the trail includes a dirt road and a permit is required.

My friend and I started the hike at 5am, which we are incredibly thankful for since the entire hike is in the sun. When we started the hike we were aware of previous reviews stating that it is easy to get off track. In the beginning it was easy to follow but then you come across a barbed-wire fence that can be misleading. The opening isn't very visible, but walk straight up to the fence and you will see where you can pass through. Do not turn left or right. From there, the trail is simple to follow and an easy hike. The last little bit of the hike it changes to quite an incline and can be slippery at times. You'll completely forget about the struggle once you reach the end. Great view!

Great little trail. The views and photo opps from the top are amazing! The trail is a bit tricky to find, so read the descriptions below before you go. If you're an experienced hiker, this is an easy to moderate trail. If you're new to hiking, or have any physical limitations, the trail may be difficult.

The view is so worth it at the end! It definitely was a challenge & I would try to leave as early as possible for it since a lot of it is in the sun. The cave is so awesome at the top & made it all worth it. I wouldn't recommend bringing small kids though, it's hard enough trying to get yourself up it.

I LOVED this! Not so much the hike but the Cave was so cool. Went on a Thursday around noon and we had the entire place to ourselves. We could have stayed up there all day. Very steep at the top, I am 25 and have bad knees which don't like to bend so I found myself using my hands in some places to get down.

Found it challenging and the views were incredible. We did this on Memorial Day and I would suggest bringing plenty of water. My group was made of young and older peeps. The young and in shape will find this moderate with a few spots of climbing. The inexperienced and out of shape will find this challenging. Enjoy :-)

The trail was a little hard to follow at tins, but it was thoroughly worth it! The view was amazing!