Wave Cave Trail

Wave Cave Trail is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Canyon, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Utah Travel Council, Council Hall, P.O. Box 147420 , Salt Lake City, UT, 84114, Phone: 801-538-1030, travel@utah.com

Fun hike! But harder then expected! A lot of people were having to turn around because of difficulty, lack of water or poor shoes! Incredible at the top!

Great workout, some loose gravel so make sure wear good hiking shoes! We also spotted a rattlesnake so please be alert. The view was worth the last leg scrambling up, would definitely recommend this rewarding hike

Good hike. A few hikers on trail but nit crowded. A little tough for kids 6 and 10 but they didnt have hiking shoes. Please ensure you bring plenty of water, a few groups we passed ran out before the cave.

Had fun but take a lot of water and good shoes. Totally worth the work when you get to the cave.

Writing this on the day after. I can promise this is a great workout. The first bit seems easy, flat, slight incline. Then it turns to straight up with some small scrambles. Very much so worth the work to get up. People with kids were carrying them on parts of the trail. If you have little ones with you, expect to help them a bit.

Very poorly marked trail, I ended up off the trail and having to back track. A little more difficult than I was expecting too. If, like me, you're not very sure footed, I would suggest trekker poles or a walking stick. With all that said, once you finally get up to the cave, it's all worth it, the view is amazing!

This is a great trail! It'll give you a good workout if you're newer to hiking. It was my first hike in years, but I got to the cave and like many mentioned, it's totally worth pushing yourself because the views are AMAZING! I'd hike it again, but in a cooler day. Also be careful in the cave, there were some wasps flying around. Overall I loved it!