paddle sports

I had an enjoyable time out on the trail, but found that it really doesnt skirt along the lake as much as I wanted. The lake is so beautiful that I couldnt help but walk off the trail up to the lake for more photos. I set out to do the entire loop, but managed instead to have zig zagged about 6 miles and was barely a third of the way around the lake, so I ended up having to turn back and walked another 2.5 miles back to my starting point because my water wouldnt have made the whole loop at the rate I went. The dots get hard to follow, Im not sure if maybe the trail is more obvious to others, but I found myself frustrated at a few points when I couldn't figure out which way I should go and it was another 15 feet to the next dot. Particularly by the bottom of the dam where it gets really grassy and green, I did a lot of circling and back tracking. I did have to get on all 4s to climb up and down several times, which isn't usually what I expect on a moderate trail. That being said, I guess if you stick exclusively to the trail and dont zig zag on and off the trail or end up on the side trails, it'll be the hike it says it is, but I found this trail to be at the upper limits of my physical ability as a 24 year old female who is by no means a couch potato, but doesnt exactly make it to the gym all 3 times per week.