Watson Lake and Flume Trail

Watson Lake and Flume Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Prescott, Arizona that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

Parking lot by the Humane Society, fee for parking (self serve). Be careful about putting a large bill into the self serve and expecting change. Have $2 ready.

My husband and I completed this trail today. We are both in good physical shape. 64 & 56 yrs of age. The scenery on this trail was amazing! The rock formations and views of the lake were fun and serene. It took us 3 hours. We definitely felt the stretch on our legs and ankles, the walking up down put some stress on our knees. It is a moderately difficult trail and this is probably as hard as our bodies could probably do. Good hiking shoes, lots of water really helped.

The trail can be easy to loose. It has beautiful views, great work out.

Really fun hike with beautiful views. Bolder fun to climb & easy to follow the path with the white dots marking the way. Not too difficult either which made it fun. Definitely try if your in the area. Great way to spend our 23 anniversary & even found a heart along the way.

This trail was more difficult than what I expected, but I was pleasantly surprised by that. You really need to find the white dots to stay on the trail, specifically during the boulder portions of the trail...and just so you know, the white dots are just spray paint on the rocks! I was looking for signs, and I ended up going about a mile out of the way. The boulder portions of the trail were not busy - I didn't see anyone until about 3.3 miles in! Don't forget to bring water and wear sunscreen. It took me almost 2 hours.

Pretty nice trail for the most part, that being said there are definitely some parts that can get a bit boring as you near the end. It flattens out and becomes nothing more than a walk near the lake. But for Arizona how often do you get to walk next to water?

Incredible spot and views. Bring water and be prepared for moderate/heavy parts. Most of the trail is dog-friendly but beware the tougher tracks on the northeast rock sides. I read someone recommending doing the Lakeshore Trail in reverse, and I'd share the same. The tracks nearest the damn are most difficult. Minimal/No AT&T reception in the rocky areas. (I share this because I helped a family with heat exhaustion (and no water) contact and find Prescott Fire for help. Enjoy!!