Water Ranch Trail

Water Ranch Trail is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Gilbert, Arizona that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

paddle sports

The Riparian Preserve is an urban park with a series of loop trails surrounding seven ponds stocked with fish and birds. Several species of birds and waterfowl live in the preserve. The park has several amenities.

I enjoyed this trail. The trail went a few different ways so wasn't sure where the entire loop was but managed to figure it out. More directional signs might be nice. A very clean area and beautiful wildlife. Great for families and out of town guests.

One of our favorite places for a quick, last minute hike in Gilbert. Right next to the public library which has lots of parking - that is usually where we park since the parking lot at the actual park is small.
Great for kids, pets, bird watchers, photographers, everyone. some trails allow horses back riding. Lots to explore& see right inside city limits. If you go in the summer I recommend going early in the day - it is NOT a higher elevation & is just as hot as the surrounding area.
There are bathrooms, campgrounds, a playground, and one pond you can fish in next to the library.

great leisure trail. Took my mom here to get her out. It's perfect for beginners or those that want to spend some time taking a stroll through a preserve.

my favorite relaxed walk yet while in Scottsdale. nicely done here & although it's crowded there are a variety of paths and lots to see. we saw a plethora of water birds, rabbits, turtle, humming birds and many other regular birds. Lots of great views for photographers too.

Great trails we walked the entire preserve with no hurry and was finished in 2.5 hours. Lots of little areas and side paths to explore, plants to see, and wildlife. My husband and I explored this with 3 kids (6-10). Only draw back is there are LOTS of people with dogs fortunately on leashes but Im terrified of dogs! It is heavily trafficked but everyone was friendly, smiled and even said hello.

Overall a very fun Nature Walk!

There are Seven lakes here.
The best bird watching ever.
Fun for the whole family.

My favorite place to walk my dog when I’m in a pinch. Great little trails with water and always something to see. Lots of wildlife. Bunnies and birds galore. Watch for rattlesnakes. My kids love the play area.

Love this place

A stroll, different ducks to look at, not beautiful lakes, a nice place to stretch your legs.

Nice spot to take our dog for a walk. She loves the bunnies!

This is a hidden gem of the valley. It’s great way to get out of the house for a leisurely and beautiful stroll. There’s so many different animals to admire here, I couldn’t believe that it’s just in the middle of Gilbert. I’m grateful that this area exists and even more so that it’s free!

Great for families! Beautiful scenery and lots of animals to see. Very easy hike but can get very crowded at times. Great spot for bird watching.

perfecto!

awesome!

Nice walk. Lots of critters. Nothing too exciting.

Great wildlife viewing

Nice getaway in the city, plenty of waterfowl to watch.

Can get crowded on weekends.

So close to home and there are more trails than this. The wildlife is abundant Sooo many dragonflies!

Easy hike with lots of birds, rabbits, and ducks.

Nice walking trails tucked away in the city. Super easy!