Water Holes Canyon

Water Holes Canyon is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near LeChee, Arizona that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and ice climbing and is best used from April until December.

ice climbing

Such a beautiful hike! I absolutely loved it. Not too challenging at all. And yes the ladder to continue is a bit sketchy but it is pretty sturdy. There's is a about 3-4 feet that you have to reach for at the top of the ladder but I'm 5'4" and it wasn't too bad at all. The rocks were spectacular! Definitely will be doing this hike again.

Parking is right near Mile 542. Trail is easy to follow. There was an iffy part involving ladders but it can be skipped if you don't want to climb up. Pretty views and not very crowded. Would recommend.

I really enjoyed this hike (went alone as my bf did the antelope canyon photographer tour & it was perfect timing); but it was difficult to get a parking pass, and the only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5. When I reached the end of the slots trail, about 2.5 mi in, I found a large family of adult & baby cows... being alone and having them stare me down was somewhat intimidating and although I wanted to trek further into the open valley, I chose to turn around and head back into the slots. The valley at the end is also beautiful, and I would've loved to seen the overlook... next time!

Took friends on a weekend hiking adventure. This hike was easy to get to off hwy 89 and does require a permit sine you are on the Indian reservation. The hike is easy and we all enjoyed it very much.

Great Trail. Easy to get to