Wasson Peak Trail

Wasson Peak Trail is a 7.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until April.

cave

Great views, plenty of wildlife, and the high point of the Tucson Mountains. This hike follows King Canyon Trail to the junction with Sweetwater Trail, then to Wasson Peak. All trailheads are clearly marked with signs, and the trails are easy to follow. There is an admission fee at the Saguaro National Park Visitor center.

Hiked on December 11th, the trail is well marked and easy to follow. Trail is not crowded during weekdays. There is also a parking lot for you.

yes! love this hike! Did it by myself!!!

What an awesome trail, desert landscape with amazing views. I would definitely do it again from another starting point or same starting point!! Total hike 9.6 miles, not happy with this app stealing distance,, grrrr!!

Went on a Saturday afternoon, 6 May 17. Left at noon...back at 3:20. I saw 5 people on the trail and had the summit to myself, nice! I took the counterclockwise route based on an earlier review. I've not been the opposite direction...but have to feel CCW is the better choice as it steeper on the way up. The trail is very rocky...It's also well marked. Parking was very easy.

Moderate but go when it is not too hot as there is no shade. Some old mine areas along the way and great views.

One of my favorites! You can see the world from the top! My hubby proposed to me on Wasson peak ❤️

Great loop hike with big views along the way. I would recommend hiking counter-clockwise beginning on the old forest road. This way your assent is on the steep rocky trail and decent on a longer moderate switchbacks. Be aware there is zero shade along the trail! Top can be windy. There are a couple of partly shady nooks at the top for a lunch spot.

Great hike up to the top with excellent views of Tucson. A storm blew in as we reached the top, so we had to rush down but all in all a must hike.

great hike, great views, makes for great pictures and memories. cinch your hat down near the top, it gets windy!

great tail. signs make it easy to follow. great views.

Beautiful. Windy. Highly recommend.

Great hike, gives you a 360 panoramic view of the area from the top. We didn't actually do the loop but the iPhone said we did about 7.6 miles round trip.

Sunday, December 04, 2016

Challenging hike. Moderate is a good description. Going up the Kings Canyon side is and down Gould Mine was a really fun way to do it. Pay at the visitor center prior. Cards accepted there. Total time, including a short stint on a wrong trail, right at 5 hours. Enjoy the views and rocky terrain!

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Great hike!!!!! Took a little under 4 hours round trip.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

I hiked this trail already 8 times. Amazing views. Can't wait to go back !!!

Monday, March 28, 2016

Not a regular hiker but fairly active person and I really enjoyed this hike! there are ALOT of loose rocks along the entire trail but wonderful views at the top!

Friday, March 25, 2016

Trailhead parking lot is across from the desert museum entrance. Awesome hike! Great views of Tucson. We did the loop up King Canyon then back the west side. Would make for a great trail run. No dogs allowed. Remember to pay admission at the Saguaro National Park visitor center.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

This is a really good one. It's pretty difficult if you're new to hiking, but it has an amazing view at the end. I hiked here about a year ago with my husband and one of our dogs, and it was during a day where the storm was rolling in from the west, so you could see all of the beautiful clouds! The flowers on this trail are gorgeous if you go during the right time of year. There is a fee you have to pay though, so being some cash with you :)

Friday, February 26, 2016

Awesome. My second time via Kings Canyon Trail to the top.