Wasson Peak Trail

Wasson Peak Trail is a 7.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until April.

Great views, plenty of wildlife, and the high point of the Tucson Mountains. This hike follows King Canyon Trail to the junction with Sweetwater Trail, then to Wasson Peak. All trailheads are clearly marked with signs, and the trails are easy to follow. There is an admission fee at the Saguaro National Park Visitor center.

That was a great hike. Found the toughest thing was all the loose stones going up the trail, but otherwise it was a pretty straight forward hike. Great views in so many areas. Took the wash on the way back from the picnic area and got to see some of the Pictograph?? Only saw a couple of Road runners. Not sure where people said they had to pay. Came across W Gates Pass and Kinney road. Trail started across from the museum. Highly recommended hike.

Took about 1 hour and 45 mins to reach the top! Very awesome views! A great challenge, be sure to eat a good meal before this hike for energy! Saw 5 mule deer on the way up

Just completed this hike with my 67 year old husband and it was a great trip up to Wasson Peak. We started this morning from the King Canyon trailhead parking and it climbed up, up, up for 1535 ft until reaching the summit. Great, interesting, challenging, and fun trail to hike. We took 5 hours RT but took our time. It is rocky but the trail is in great condition and wide enough so you don’t feel like you’re on a goat trail. This is a must do if you like elevation. We did not spot any wildlife.

Good trail well marked and great views.

Very cool. I would put this a bit higher than moderate. Rough trail..

Great hike today,,, not a very challenging trail but awesome views!!

The vie at the top is beautiful, but the hiking is a little boring, especially for a person who has seen so much saguaros.

An awesome secluded loop hike. The views from the peak were magnificent.

Great hike to the top. I took the King Canyon. Good challenge, great views.

Good hike, took my friend and I about an hour and half to summit and reach the top. Well marked trail, some of the water-bars need maintenance but otherwise a good trail!

Parked at King Canyon trailhead. Made the hike to Summit. Some loose rocks so just take it easy. Overall beautiful hike. Well worth it! This hike will increase your heart rate especially if you are not fit. I would rate it a moderate hike but a difficult one if you are not in good shape.

Gorgeous hike!!! Love the stair steps and the saguaros. Went to Wasson Peak via Hugh Norris trail... sign at the beginning said 4.9 miles one way.

Hiked on December 11th, the trail is well marked and easy to follow. Trail is not crowded during weekdays. There is also a parking lot for you.

yes! love this hike! Did it by myself!!!

What an awesome trail, desert landscape with amazing views. I would definitely do it again from another starting point or same starting point!! Total hike 9.6 miles, not happy with this app stealing distance,, grrrr!!

Went on a Saturday afternoon, 6 May 17. Left at noon...back at 3:20. I saw 5 people on the trail and had the summit to myself, nice! I took the counterclockwise route based on an earlier review. I've not been the opposite direction...but have to feel CCW is the better choice as it steeper on the way up. The trail is very rocky...It's also well marked. Parking was very easy.

Moderate but go when it is not too hot as there is no shade. Some old mine areas along the way and great views.

One of my favorites! You can see the world from the top! My hubby proposed to me on Wasson peak ❤️

Great loop hike with big views along the way. I would recommend hiking counter-clockwise beginning on the old forest road. This way your assent is on the steep rocky trail and decent on a longer moderate switchbacks. Be aware there is zero shade along the trail! Top can be windy. There are a couple of partly shady nooks at the top for a lunch spot.

Monday, March 13, 2017

Great hike up to the top with excellent views of Tucson. A storm blew in as we reached the top, so we had to rush down but all in all a must hike.

Monday, March 06, 2017

great hike, great views, makes for great pictures and memories. cinch your hat down near the top, it gets windy!

Wednesday, March 01, 2017

great tail. signs make it easy to follow. great views.

Monday, February 13, 2017

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Beautiful. Windy. Highly recommend.

Monday, December 26, 2016

Great hike, gives you a 360 panoramic view of the area from the top. We didn't actually do the loop but the iPhone said we did about 7.6 miles round trip.

Sunday, December 04, 2016

Challenging hike. Moderate is a good description. Going up the Kings Canyon side is and down Gould Mine was a really fun way to do it. Pay at the visitor center prior. Cards accepted there. Total time, including a short stint on a wrong trail, right at 5 hours. Enjoy the views and rocky terrain!

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Great hike!!!!! Took a little under 4 hours round trip.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

I hiked this trail already 8 times. Amazing views. Can't wait to go back !!!

Monday, March 28, 2016

Not a regular hiker but fairly active person and I really enjoyed this hike! there are ALOT of loose rocks along the entire trail but wonderful views at the top!

Friday, March 25, 2016

Trailhead parking lot is across from the desert museum entrance. Awesome hike! Great views of Tucson. We did the loop up King Canyon then back the west side. Would make for a great trail run. No dogs allowed. Remember to pay admission at the Saguaro National Park visitor center.