Wasson Peak Trail

Wasson Peak Trail is a 7.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until April.

1916 feet

cave

Great views, plenty of wildlife, and the high point of the Tucson Mountains. This hike follows King Canyon Trail to the junction with Sweetwater Trail, then to Wasson Peak. All trailheads are clearly marked with signs, and the trails are easy to follow. There is an admission fee at the Saguaro National Park Visitor center.

What an awesome trail, desert landscape with amazing views. I would definitely do it again from another starting point or same starting point!! Total hike 9.6 miles, not happy with this app stealing distance,, grrrr!!

Went on a Saturday afternoon, 6 May 17. Left at noon...back at 3:20. I saw 5 people on the trail and had the summit to myself, nice! I took the counterclockwise route based on an earlier review. I've not been the opposite direction...but have to feel CCW is the better choice as it steeper on the way up. The trail is very rocky...It's also well marked. Parking was very easy.

Moderate but go when it is not too hot as there is no shade. Some old mine areas along the way and great views.

One of my favorites! You can see the world from the top! My hubby proposed to me on Wasson peak ❤️

Great loop hike with big views along the way. I would recommend hiking counter-clockwise beginning on the old forest road. This way your assent is on the steep rocky trail and decent on a longer moderate switchbacks. Be aware there is zero shade along the trail! Top can be windy. There are a couple of partly shady nooks at the top for a lunch spot.

Great hike up to the top with excellent views of Tucson. A storm blew in as we reached the top, so we had to rush down but all in all a must hike.

great hike, great views, makes for great pictures and memories. cinch your hat down near the top, it gets windy!

great tail. signs make it easy to follow. great views.