Wasson Peak Trail

Wasson Peak Trail is a 7.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until April.

cave

Great views, plenty of wildlife, and the high point of the Tucson Mountains. This hike follows King Canyon Trail to the junction with Sweetwater Trail, then to Wasson Peak. All trailheads are clearly marked with signs, and the trails are easy to follow. There is an admission fee at the Saguaro National Park Visitor center.

Very cool. I would put this a bit higher than moderate. Rough trail..

Great hike today,,, not a very challenging trail but awesome views!!

The vie at the top is beautiful, but the hiking is a little boring, especially for a person who has seen so much saguaros.

An awesome secluded loop hike. The views from the peak were magnificent.

Great hike to the top. I took the King Canyon. Good challenge, great views.

Good hike, took my friend and I about an hour and half to summit and reach the top. Well marked trail, some of the water-bars need maintenance but otherwise a good trail!

Parked at King Canyon trailhead. Made the hike to Summit. Some loose rocks so just take it easy. Overall beautiful hike. Well worth it! This hike will increase your heart rate especially if you are not fit. I would rate it a moderate hike but a difficult one if you are not in good shape.

Gorgeous hike!!! Love the stair steps and the saguaros. Went to Wasson Peak via Hugh Norris trail... sign at the beginning said 4.9 miles one way.

Hiked on December 11th, the trail is well marked and easy to follow. Trail is not crowded during weekdays. There is also a parking lot for you.

yes! love this hike! Did it by myself!!!

What an awesome trail, desert landscape with amazing views. I would definitely do it again from another starting point or same starting point!! Total hike 9.6 miles, not happy with this app stealing distance,, grrrr!!

Went on a Saturday afternoon, 6 May 17. Left at noon...back at 3:20. I saw 5 people on the trail and had the summit to myself, nice! I took the counterclockwise route based on an earlier review. I've not been the opposite direction...but have to feel CCW is the better choice as it steeper on the way up. The trail is very rocky...It's also well marked. Parking was very easy.

Moderate but go when it is not too hot as there is no shade. Some old mine areas along the way and great views.

One of my favorites! You can see the world from the top! My hubby proposed to me on Wasson peak ❤️

Great loop hike with big views along the way. I would recommend hiking counter-clockwise beginning on the old forest road. This way your assent is on the steep rocky trail and decent on a longer moderate switchbacks. Be aware there is zero shade along the trail! Top can be windy. There are a couple of partly shady nooks at the top for a lunch spot.

Great hike up to the top with excellent views of Tucson. A storm blew in as we reached the top, so we had to rush down but all in all a must hike.

great hike, great views, makes for great pictures and memories. cinch your hat down near the top, it gets windy!

great tail. signs make it easy to follow. great views.

Monday, February 13, 2017

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Beautiful. Windy. Highly recommend.