Waddell and Ford Canyon Trail is a 6 mile out and back trail located near Waddell, Arizona. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, horses, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From central Phoenix, take I -10 west 18 miles to Hwy 303. North on Hwy 303 to Olive. West 4 miles on Olive to the White Tank Mountain Regional Park entrance.

The first part is pretty level, and you don’t start climbing until almost 2 miles out. Once you start climbing up the rocks, there will be some shade in the morning.
Saw my first rattle snake this morning.

Friday, November 17, 2017

easy desert stroll!

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Nice trail with nice views.

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Originally, my day was to do the waterfall trail solely. However, after completing a very frustrating and crowded walk to see the waterfall I got back to my car and tried finding another short trail to do before heading home. (I wanted to make the most of the $6 pass) This trail was easy and essentially a walking trail, however the views were beautiful! You walk through a wash and get a great view of the mountains as you walk back towards the parking lot. I think this trail is more so used as a trail that accesses the longer 7 mile hike it drops you into, which I hope to do soon.

Thursday, May 08, 2014

Easy trail. Was good to take our older dog.

recorded hike with Dad