Vulture Peak Trail

Vulture Peak Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Wickenburg, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice trails took our dog's.

Was good hike. Harder when getting to the top. Loose rocks, but view was worth it.

Hiked this trail a week ago. Its decent. Havent hiked in a while, so it kinda ripped me a new one.

Just choose a mountain and climb it, no matter how big or small!

off road driving

Compared to other reviews I'm not sure if we did something wrong, but the trail map does not start at the road entrance, so we ended up walking far before even starting the trail. This trail seems much longer than 2 miles (one way) and my father and I barely made it up the base and first elevation of the peak. Tons of Cholla cactus so beware, I got a small piece stuck to my shoe and tried to remove it but ended up with spines in my finger - super difficult to remove. Walking on river bed is a bit annoying unless you have shoes made for sand/dirt. I personally would go on this trail if I had an ATV, but not walking.

The view at the top is something to see! You feel far away from everything.

When you come across an intersection of direction in the wash be sure to go straight and not on to the off-roading trail to the left. Great views at the top and other places to explore to the opposite side of the saddle.

Fun hike -- the trail stops at the saddle but there's somewhat of a path to the top if you're up for some scrambling. Very isolated, though. We didn't have any cell service and didn't see anyone else.