Vista Trail

Vista Trail is a 1.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mesa, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until May.

The short Vista Trail goes up and over the small peak that the Merkle trail goes around. Some great views are seen from the top.

This is a fun, quick trail. Combine it with Merkle, you can get a few miles in, a beautiful view, and a great workout. we just moved here from Ohio and it's great to catch on work nights just before sunset.

Not moderate, definitely easy. For an easy trail, I really liked it. Very short with enough elevation to get a nice view of the park and sunset. Perfect in a pinch. Good for dog paws. This says no dogs in the description, but there was no sign we could find that reflected that. Easy to follow.

Fun trail for an easy morning hike. Take the Vista Trail up and over the mountain and circle back around the mountain via Merkel trail gives you a good 1 mile hike. We did this with our kids this morning ages 9, 6, and 3 and everyone did fine. I had to carry my three-year-old on a few parts but it wasn't bad. Definitely recommend this for a family hike.

Short hike so good for kids but it was kind of tricky to stay on the trail on the one side coming up - glad I had this map. It'd be great for people wanting a quick hike with a little view

Nice hike, inclined but not tough. Short trail and looped by Merkle, which is a easy strolly loop

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Took my pup and had a great time. started out circling the mountain then came across the Vista trail and thought, sure why not.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Tonto National Forest is charging $ 2 per person.
$ 4. For parking.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Fun trail to practice for more challenging hikes on. The elevation change is pretty decent for the length of the trail. It's about 285 feet up and 285 feet down when you go out and back, as you walk along a ridge. I have been doing this trail twice in preparation for more intense hikes.

Sunday, January 08, 2017

Definitely a great trail, wish it was a lot longer tho. Will definitely be going back! Love the scenery

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Fun with kids

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Great first trail to learn to run up and downhill

Saturday, January 30, 2016

7 year old step daughter really enjoyed the hike and so did I. Great trail for young hikers.

Sunday, January 25, 2015

have not done this one for a while but.... it was my very first hike at the age of 56 and I love it .I can now run it !

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A great fun family hike. Usery Park has lots of great trails and great stops throughout to chill and have a picnic.

Monday, December 23, 2013

Vista trail is a great hike with my littles (4,2, and 10 months), especially when we need something quick. It is nice to hike over the hills and get a bit of a view, Much more vaired the the flat ground.

Sunday, December 09, 2012

Small trail which cuts up over a small mountain/hill. A pretty easy hike when walking, so I recommend adding some jogging. Pretty straight forward and easy for the whole family. When at the top you will notice finger-like stones, along with a beautiful view of the area. Be sure to bring the camera.