Ventana Canyon Trail is a 9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

went up the trail 5 miles. still 2 miles from making the window. trail is pretty tough. took me 5 hrs 10 min to do 10.07 miles. there wasnt a ton of water flowing at the maiden pools but there was a good amount a couple more miles up. definitely going back and making it to the window.

Amazing views but never made it to the rock! The map ended my trail and I couldn’t find directions to make it. Very strenuous trail specially on the way down very hard on the knees. I want to do it again but not alone. I’ll make sure to get extra cushioning on my boots, a flashlight, extra battery pack and to begin the hike at 5am. Definitely a trail for long pants/leggings. My legs and arms looked like I had been attached by a mad cat. Couldn’t go up stairs when I got home and my knees hurt all night. Very peaceful and lonely hike good for soul cleansing but I must say I got a little panicked when saw myself so tired, in so much pain and still 5 miles away from my car in pure solitude. Gotta get back to climb the Window though ❤️ Overall challenging but rewarding prepare to be climbing for 7-8 hrs definitely more then 9 miles maybe more like 10-11

Gorgeous views! However, the upper section of this trail was more difficult than I thought it would be from previous reviews- once you turn up toward the window, it is more scrambling than hiking. Definitely possible that recent rains have washed out sections of the trail; I would recommend high ankle boots and bounding poles for the more difficult sections. The view was amazing though.

A easy trail for all tucsonians

Finally hiked Ventana canyon trail to the window. I've always wanted to get to the window and I finally did it! Perfect day for it. 4 hours up, 3:35 down.

Stayed in a Condo sitauted right at trailhead. We used the trail a couple times for morning exercise before it got too hot! So only went halfway up. To that point about 2.5mi and 1000' elevation gain. Nice easy to moderate trek with some good views of the canyon.

Nice trail well indicated

When you get to the top of the saddle go easy to Window Rock. Another mile or so. Best hike in the Tucson area I think.

Well developed trial. Easy to follow. Turn left to Esperero trial to see window rock. Took us about 11 hours to Window rock and back. We are a group of hikers without much experience.

Beautiful Tucson day and beautiful hike. A bit rocky but navigable. Little water in the pools. A little past the pools the vegetation change to more green with trees. Prettier. Make sure you watch for the cairns along the way. Would do it again.

Breathtaking views but kind of a drag that to get to the trail you have to walk a mile through an easement with barbed wire fence on either side. Large rocks/boulders cover a large part of the trail and the trail is not well marked. It’s a great workout because of elevation gain. I experienced a spiritual tranquility being surrounded by
what really can only be described as the majesty of nature.

Today we tried to get to the window but after 3.93 miles up we decided it was time to turn around. Boy, we were all too tired and the heat certainly didn't help either.

Beautiful view, dry, make sure you have enough water.

Window Rock is about a mile from the summit. I’ll try and GPS it this week if I get time.

Can anyone tell me how much further it is from the top of the ridge line over to Window Rock? Text me at (520) 603-4602 . I would appreciate it. My wife and I made it past the Finger Rock trail sign to the top of the ridge but couldn’t tell how far it was to Window Rock from there. We thought we’d run out of time not knowing the distance over.

Fantastic views!

Went up to the peak, kicked my butt. Rewarding. Beautiful. Right in the backyard.

My wife and I hiked this trail a week after Finger Rock. This trail offers spectacular Rock cliffs and formations besides Window Rock. We went to the very top 11.71 miles. We didn’t go over to Window Rock as we were running out of time. We are both in our sixties but loved the hike. Wish we knew how much further it was to Window Rock from the top of the ridge line. Can someone let us know. Text at 520-603-4602 but please do not give out this number. Thanks

This one has it all... elevation gain, distance, changes in nature, great views, and some water (maiden pools). A great challenge! Bring a LOT of water!!! And plan on taking several hours to complete the whole round trip.

I’ve done this twice. Quite steep at the end. Great views.

Double the water you think you will need if your not used to the dry air of the area. Beautiful views,very rough terrain, wear long pants due to the cactus and other prickly plants. Hike was longer then 10 miles.

Lightly travelled trail. Crossing a creek many times.

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Bring water! We took off from Leows Resort not knowing what we were getting into. Made it all the way with 16oz of water. Very scenic and worth the effort.

Sunday, October 08, 2017

This is rated accurately. I left at 6 am which I recommend to beat the heat. Took me about 2.5 hours yo get to the top - cathedral rock. Beautiful views - lots of scrambling - recommend wearing long pants as trail isn’t cut back or maintained. Challenging but worth the effort. Ended up with 14 miles total - got back to the hotel by 11 am - bring at least 2 L water. Very fun

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Outstanding hike. However, I only hiked up to Maiden Pools, which were for the most part dry and not worthy of a swim. Great views and smells. Nice marshy area at the lower elevations, followed by a steady but not too steep gain. A few cool picnic rocks and shady coves and tree covered areas.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Great hike but very difficult. It is worth it to continue to the 'window'. It took us 4hrs to get to the top.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Super good views but definitely a hard hike.

Sunday, September 03, 2017

We started at 5:30am and on the way back it was hot! I don't know how many times I did this trail and each time I still think it's an excellent workout.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Pay attention to the trail

Monday, May 08, 2017

Found this trail pretty difficult, but beautiful. A lot of rocks and boulders to climb over, and steep. We went a little over half way up and back. About a 1/2 mile from the parking lot we had a rattlesnake siting. A four foot black-tailed. He gave up plenty of warning with his rattle. He was crossing the trail, and we were about 6 feet away when we heard and saw him. Be careful!