Ventana Canyon Trail

Ventana Canyon Trail is a 9.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

I’ve done this twice. Quite steep at the end. Great views.

Double the water you think you will need if your not used to the dry air of the area. Beautiful views,very rough terrain, wear long pants due to the cactus and other prickly plants. Hike was longer then 10 miles.

Lightly travelled trail. Crossing a creek many times.

Bring water! We took off from Leows Resort not knowing what we were getting into. Made it all the way with 16oz of water. Very scenic and worth the effort.

This is rated accurately. I left at 6 am which I recommend to beat the heat. Took me about 2.5 hours yo get to the top - cathedral rock. Beautiful views - lots of scrambling - recommend wearing long pants as trail isn’t cut back or maintained. Challenging but worth the effort. Ended up with 14 miles total - got back to the hotel by 11 am - bring at least 2 L water. Very fun

Outstanding hike. However, I only hiked up to Maiden Pools, which were for the most part dry and not worthy of a swim. Great views and smells. Nice marshy area at the lower elevations, followed by a steady but not too steep gain. A few cool picnic rocks and shady coves and tree covered areas.

Great hike but very difficult. It is worth it to continue to the 'window'. It took us 4hrs to get to the top.

Super good views but definitely a hard hike.

We started at 5:30am and on the way back it was hot! I don't know how many times I did this trail and each time I still think it's an excellent workout.

Pay attention to the trail