Ventana Canyon Trail

Ventana Canyon Trail is a 9.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Outstanding hike. However, I only hiked up to Maiden Pools, which were for the most part dry and not worthy of a swim. Great views and smells. Nice marshy area at the lower elevations, followed by a steady but not too steep gain. A few cool picnic rocks and shady coves and tree covered areas.

Great hike but very difficult. It is worth it to continue to the 'window'. It took us 4hrs to get to the top.

Super good views but definitely a hard hike.

We started at 5:30am and on the way back it was hot! I don't know how many times I did this trail and each time I still think it's an excellent workout.

Pay attention to the trail

Found this trail pretty difficult, but beautiful. A lot of rocks and boulders to climb over, and steep. We went a little over half way up and back. About a 1/2 mile from the parking lot we had a rattlesnake siting. A four foot black-tailed. He gave up plenty of warning with his rattle. He was crossing the trail, and we were about 6 feet away when we heard and saw him. Be careful!

This my second year hiking this trail. I got 45 min. past Maiden Pools this year. Love hiking the trail.

Beautiful wildflowers

Saw a huge rattlesnake. Thank god I wasnt running down the trail. It saw me first, hissed, rattled and then slithered back into the brush. This was about a mile and a half in. During the start of my hike today a couple warned me about a baby rattle snake about a mile in.

In short, one of my most favorite hikes, but watch out-- it's rattlesnake season FOR SURE.