Usery Mountain is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mesa, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 629 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Great views at the end of the trail able to see: Fountain Hills, Rio Verde River/Valley, Four Peaks and into the Superstition Mts (Weavers Needle).

Greeted by bees in Parking lot . Very nice hike....up and down trailing. Beautiful sights even though we didn’t make it to the end because a bee came towards my friend she swooshed it with her hand and it hit our other friend in the face and stung her. She swooshed it out of her face and it landed in my hair buzzing around for about 10 seconds trying to get out so once it got out we turned around and proceeded to head back out. I will be wearing a head covering from now on!! Lol It is bee season so be careful. Great cardio open and easy to follow trail with lots of other trails so use map...lots of bikers that are courteous.

Not difficult at all. Beautiful views! Did an out and back clockwise as the backside of the mountain isn’t very scenic.

Good uphill workout. We started at 6 am, lots of little bugs on the way down. We also saw a centipede eating a tarantula!

Nice trail. Only saw 1 other hiker and a few bikers. Good trail. Nice views.

Bring your ear buds- this is a nice trail, great views at the top. But , the proximity to the shooting range is annoying and significantly diminishes the serenity of the area

Great trail, well-defined, beautiful views, although a rattlesnake right off trail prevented me from reaching the end. Be careful this time of year!

This was a great hike- short and sweet. Nice incline on the way up. Not crowded at all. We started at 9 AM and saw only a few on the up and a handful more on the way down. Wild flower season is going to be good this year!

Great view at the top and much of the way back out. Hike in is just ok. Trail is smooth and easy, only saw one group of bikers and one hiker. You will hear the shooting range on several sections, but it’s not loud.

This is a nice hike with great views. I would rate it between easy and moderate. The trail is clearly defined. Beautiful February 4th hike with 47 degree temps.

accessed from bulldog trailhead and it's somewhat difficult to get on the correct trail but once on its great. You don't actually summit but the view is awesome especially towards red mountain and fountains hills.

Steep and Rocky, and it’s closer to 4 miles than 3

Nice summit with amazing valley views and most mountain ranges in the region. Game trail toward the top and some climbing on fall fours both up and on the descent.

Sun May 12 2019

Great views from the top: Fountain Hills, Rio Verde River/Valley, Four Peaks, Weavers Needle. Less than 2 hours in and back. Great hike.

Wed Mar 20 2019

wildflowers galore right now thanks to the rain over the past month

Sat Feb 23 2019

Awesome hike!

Tue Feb 19 2019

Our group of 42 seniors hiked the easily followed trail to Wind Cave. The trail, which is in very good condition, does have several places where a person has to step up or down 24" so good to keep that in mind. The trail is only 1.5 miles each way but there is 800' vertical. Views from the Wind Cave are very good. You can see the fountain at Fountain Hills from there.

Wed Dec 12 2018

This hike had some awesome views but I’m not really sure if I was supposed to be on it. I climbed through a fence to get to the trail and the AllTrails App & hiking trail don’t match exactly but I was able to navigate my way through. It’s got a decent climb to get your heart pumping with a few spots where you have to watch your footing due to loose gravel. It’s also very secluded and quiet... didn’t see another soul until I was almost done. I was a little concerned being so close to the shooting range after I saw a couple bullet shells and shooting discs on the ground.

Sat Sep 22 2018

It seemed like the trail was washed away from the rains of monsoon season. We got a mile into the trail and seemed to get turned around and could t stay in the trail even with the maps help. We decided to call it and head out. Frustrated as it was a beautiful morning on the second day of fall.

Tue May 01 2018

Plenty of free parking, same as EJ Mountain. The first mile of the trail is fairly unspectacular, but then it climbs and you get a little workout and some views of Four Peaks. Near the end the trail forks a few times and disappears up a mountainside without going to the top. This looked like a fun scramble, and would probably have earned a 4th star...but it will have to be an adventure for next time. I did EJ Mountain first and this is a good warm up or addition if you want to add a few extra miles.

Sun Feb 18 2018

Very nice trail! We saw some deer and got within 50 feet of a group of wild horses!

Sat Nov 18 2017

Pretty easy trail that's clearly defined right off Usery Pass. Parking on side of road or across the street in lot for Bull Dog Canyon. Couple sketchy spots with a little overgrowth and loose rocks. Good for dogs, easy on paws and not a lot of cholla. Nice view, but not 360. Can continue onto Goat Trail to the saddle if you'd like to extend it a bit or continue over the mountain - the views are great. Goat Trail is a lot steeper/harder. Chance to see wild life. Good for mountain biking also, but to bike Goat Trail I'd suggest some experience.