Upper Antelope Canyon Trail

Upper Antelope Canyon Trail is a 6.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Page, Arizona that features a cave and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

cave

Antelope Canyon is the most-visited and most-photographed slot canyon in the American Southwest. It is located on Navajo land near Page, Arizona. The mysterious and haunting beauty of Antelope Canyon (also known as "Corkscrew Canyon", one of the few slot canyons in the area) awaits the adventurous traveler who seeks to discover one of the most spectacular yet little known attractions of the Lake Powell area. A tour to this awe inspiring sculpture set in stone is a must for amateur and professional photographers alike. Come see nature's surprising masterpiece of color.

Sure.. the pictures that you can take are pretty, but on this extremely heavily trafficed tour it was impossible to walk in a decent way... so in my eyes not an actual trail. The guid was almost rude and didn't focus on anything but where and how to take the pictures. Didn't learn anything about the history of the canyon. My point of view.. a total waste of 180 dollar and my time.

The tour was amazing! Everything is picture perfect. The only sad part was we got pulled over the night before on our way to the hotel. Lol. So watch out for those cops and drive within speed limit.

The tour was very picturesque and our guide was always pointing out good photo spots or taking photos for us. It is true that it gets very crowded, but it is worthy! Make sure you get a spot from 11 am to 1 pm.

Rude and disrespectful workers - way overcrowded

crowded and rushed but worth the price. you will never forget this experience and you can't put a price on that. thanks to our guide anita for the camera tips. made all the difference.

Be aware this is tribal, not public land, so it has become a popular and touristy spot with required tours costing $50+ each. You are not allowed to go down into the canyon without a paid guide.

Very easy and picturesque trail

We ended up on the last tour of the day planning the same day and the lighting made for some beautiful pictures. Plus we avoided huge crowds. This slot canyon is breathtakingly beautiful!

Well we were a little bite disappointed. You paid to take pics and we feel it was go go go. Take your pics and go to the next. I’m happy about my pics because they are beautiful but I think looking pics is better. Also it was super crowded. We didn’t have time to enjoy the colors and the rock.

Checked this off the bucket list in March 2017. From the tour company site, we took a shuttle to the entrance of the canyon. It was pretty crowded! This canyon is wider at the bottom than the top (as opposed to Lower Antelope), and at the right time of the day, the famous light beams come through. The walk through is pretty fast, the tour guide does a pretty good job of pointing out good photo ops. Amazing, spectacular, awesome experience!

Sunday, August 13, 2017

This slot canyon is gorgeous. When we went it was very crowded but definitely worth it.

Friday, July 28, 2017

This was a beautiful slot canyon. The only downside is that it was a guided tour and it was crowded. It kind of killed the moment with the tour I would love to do the hike by myself though.

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Thx to our tour guide Raquelle for a real good time! (~};)

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Love it!

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Being on a reservation, you can only go if you hire a guide but what you see will blow you away. We hiked .6 miles and back. I almost killed my phone battery taking pictures. Very easy hike. Breathtaking beauty.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Similar to lower Antelope Canyon, but this one is a little shorter in length. Again, try to do this in early June and through the month, as that's when the light beams are at their best during the noon time hours. Just incredible to see. The only part about this I didn't enjoy, is that they herd you through here quite fast, and it is always packed with people. Hard to get the photograph you want as there is always someone in the way. You have to put the blinders on and ignore others so you can enjoy the canyon. Another must if in the area. We did both upper and lower the same day.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

awesome

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Beautiful canyon. You have to with on a guided tour and they are very strict.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

You can only describe this place as stunning. I went here when my family was visiting from NY around Christmas time. It was pretty crowded, but stunning. The ride in is quite bumpy and certainly part of the experience. Not to be missed.

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Very unique canyon, for some of the best & most photographed spot in the SW. Must hire a guide though, again this really isn't a hike, but more of a guided tour, if you hate crowds, this in not the place for you, if your into photography should probably be on your bucket list if you have not gotten here already

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Amazing views, not strenuous at all. If there was something like this but a little more challenging I would be in heaven.

Saturday, May 07, 2016

Great experience

Saturday, April 02, 2016

Took the 0830 hike in late March. It was dark inside (I got a little claustrophobic) but when sun started peeking through the rocks, experience was amazing. Best time is midday. Gave my tour guide a tip for teaching me camera tricks on my iPhone.

Wednesday, March 02, 2016

A must do hike if you are in the area

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

All tours need to be guided and sell out fast, so plan ahead! Best time is May-July mid day when there are beans of light entering the canyon. I went in Oct and no beams of light, and it was still amazing!! Go see what water and wind can create! It is very crowded and can get quite annoying with all of the people, so be prepared fir that.

Sunday, October 04, 2015

This was a sight to see for certain. Be aware the indian reservation doesn't participate in daylight savings time so the time is off by an hour in summer. We missed our appointment as we failed to see this in the fine print of our reservation. And the GPS and phones were all confused switching back and forth as we drove through the reservation. tour company we used had porta potty but no water to purchase etc so get your own at the trading post on the way in. Go midday if you want to see the light shafts cast down. we went later and it was still a sight to see the light streaming through making shapes etc. Their are two main tour companies nearby you need to be escorted and pay to tour and pay a tribal land fee. keep your receipt so you only pay land fee once if doing upper and lower canyon. our tour was rushed and you were not really allowed to linger for more than a minute or two at each light shaft/shape to photograph etc. the tour guide got us some great shots but as a lover of photography i had wanted to set up some of my own shots too yet no time hurried along. very very crowded.

Sunday, October 04, 2015

Great

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Gorgeous! Upper and lower are just beautiful!

Monday, May 11, 2015

Amazing slot canyon. A must do!

Thursday, April 09, 2015

Bucket list item! Natural beauty that is hard to compare. Like most attractions in this area, it is on Navajo land so you need to go with a tour company. Many to choose from, our tour guide told us all the areas to photograph and how to shoot them as well as shoot pics for us. Bring a good camera! Or at least borrow one! Pictures can only do so much justice. Go around the noon times as this is when the lighting is best. I went at 2 and its was still magical but sad I couldn't make the noon time. It is the busy time so plan accordingly.