Upper Antelope Canyon Trail

Upper Antelope Canyon Trail is a 6.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Page, Arizona that features a cave and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

cave

Antelope Canyon is the most-visited and most-photographed slot canyon in the American Southwest. It is located on Navajo land near Page, Arizona. The mysterious and haunting beauty of Antelope Canyon (also known as "Corkscrew Canyon", one of the few slot canyons in the area) awaits the adventurous traveler who seeks to discover one of the most spectacular yet little known attractions of the Lake Powell area. A tour to this awe inspiring sculpture set in stone is a must for amateur and professional photographers alike. Come see nature's surprising masterpiece of color.

We ended up on the last tour of the day planning the same day and the lighting made for some beautiful pictures. Plus we avoided huge crowds. This slot canyon is breathtakingly beautiful!

Well we were a little bite disappointed. You paid to take pics and we feel it was go go go. Take your pics and go to the next. I’m happy about my pics because they are beautiful but I think looking pics is better. Also it was super crowded. We didn’t have time to enjoy the colors and the rock.

Checked this off the bucket list in March 2017. From the tour company site, we took a shuttle to the entrance of the canyon. It was pretty crowded! This canyon is wider at the bottom than the top (as opposed to Lower Antelope), and at the right time of the day, the famous light beams come through. The walk through is pretty fast, the tour guide does a pretty good job of pointing out good photo ops. Amazing, spectacular, awesome experience!

This slot canyon is gorgeous. When we went it was very crowded but definitely worth it.

This was a beautiful slot canyon. The only downside is that it was a guided tour and it was crowded. It kind of killed the moment with the tour I would love to do the hike by myself though.

Thx to our tour guide Raquelle for a real good time! (~};)

we tried to hike this trail and were told this was a guided tour only trail - to hike a permit is required

Love it!

Being on a reservation, you can only go if you hire a guide but what you see will blow you away. We hiked .6 miles and back. I almost killed my phone battery taking pictures. Very easy hike. Breathtaking beauty.

Similar to lower Antelope Canyon, but this one is a little shorter in length. Again, try to do this in early June and through the month, as that's when the light beams are at their best during the noon time hours. Just incredible to see. The only part about this I didn't enjoy, is that they herd you through here quite fast, and it is always packed with people. Hard to get the photograph you want as there is always someone in the way. You have to put the blinders on and ignore others so you can enjoy the canyon. Another must if in the area. We did both upper and lower the same day.

awesome