Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Upper Antelope Canyon Trail

Upper Antelope Canyon Trail is a 6.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Page, Arizona that features a cave and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

cave

Antelope Canyon is the most-visited and most-photographed slot canyon in the American Southwest. It is located on Navajo land near Page, Arizona. The mysterious and haunting beauty of Antelope Canyon (also known as "Corkscrew Canyon", one of the few slot canyons in the area) awaits the adventurous traveler who seeks to discover one of the most spectacular yet little known attractions of the Lake Powell area. A tour to this awe inspiring sculpture set in stone is a must for amateur and professional photographers alike. Come see nature's surprising masterpiece of color.

in the beginning Annette was happy with the tour I thought that I'm going to have it's photos with actually was so fine and I enjoy it and take my good photos

The slot canyon is fantastic and a must see. But this trail is overcrowded. There are people everywhere. The guides push you through the canyon quickly and you really don't get time to experience it much. We did another canyon just 1/2 mile away and it was much more enjoyable experience. Still I think that all should see this trail once.

THIS IS A TOURIST TRAP! It’s overcrowded and you have to stay in a group with a tour guide. The focus of the whole “tour” is what angles to take the best pictures from. Furthermore the tour guides act like you are doing them a favor and treat you as such.

Awesome slot canyon, with many cool shapes in the rock. You have to pay for a tour to this canyon which costs around $50. We went in mid November and it was very busy and apparently even busier in summer. The amount of people did kind of ruin the essence of the canyon but still worth doing if your willing to pay the price. Also bare in mind however cold it is it will be colder in the canyon.

Just returned from visiting one of most photographed canyon
It should be on Bucket list of every body

Amazing! Would do it again and highly recommend it to anyone. Easy hike/walk for all.

Sure.. the pictures that you can take are pretty, but on this extremely heavily trafficed tour it was impossible to walk in a decent way... so in my eyes not an actual trail. The guid was almost rude and didn't focus on anything but where and how to take the pictures. Didn't learn anything about the history of the canyon. My point of view.. a total waste of 180 dollar and my time.

The tour was amazing! Everything is picture perfect. The only sad part was we got pulled over the night before on our way to the hotel. Lol. So watch out for those cops and drive within speed limit.

The tour was very picturesque and our guide was always pointing out good photo spots or taking photos for us. It is true that it gets very crowded, but it is worthy! Make sure you get a spot from 11 am to 1 pm.

Rude and disrespectful workers - way overcrowded

crowded and rushed but worth the price. you will never forget this experience and you can't put a price on that. thanks to our guide anita for the camera tips. made all the difference.

Be aware this is tribal, not public land, so it has become a popular and touristy spot with required tours costing $50+ each. You are not allowed to go down into the canyon without a paid guide.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Very easy and picturesque trail

Thursday, October 12, 2017

We ended up on the last tour of the day planning the same day and the lighting made for some beautiful pictures. Plus we avoided huge crowds. This slot canyon is breathtakingly beautiful!

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Well we were a little bite disappointed. You paid to take pics and we feel it was go go go. Take your pics and go to the next. I’m happy about my pics because they are beautiful but I think looking pics is better. Also it was super crowded. We didn’t have time to enjoy the colors and the rock.

Monday, August 21, 2017

Checked this off the bucket list in March 2017. From the tour company site, we took a shuttle to the entrance of the canyon. It was pretty crowded! This canyon is wider at the bottom than the top (as opposed to Lower Antelope), and at the right time of the day, the famous light beams come through. The walk through is pretty fast, the tour guide does a pretty good job of pointing out good photo ops. Amazing, spectacular, awesome experience!

Sunday, August 13, 2017

This slot canyon is gorgeous. When we went it was very crowded but definitely worth it.

Friday, July 28, 2017

This was a beautiful slot canyon. The only downside is that it was a guided tour and it was crowded. It kind of killed the moment with the tour I would love to do the hike by myself though.

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Thx to our tour guide Raquelle for a real good time! (~};)

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Love it!

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Being on a reservation, you can only go if you hire a guide but what you see will blow you away. We hiked .6 miles and back. I almost killed my phone battery taking pictures. Very easy hike. Breathtaking beauty.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Similar to lower Antelope Canyon, but this one is a little shorter in length. Again, try to do this in early June and through the month, as that's when the light beams are at their best during the noon time hours. Just incredible to see. The only part about this I didn't enjoy, is that they herd you through here quite fast, and it is always packed with people. Hard to get the photograph you want as there is always someone in the way. You have to put the blinders on and ignore others so you can enjoy the canyon. Another must if in the area. We did both upper and lower the same day.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

awesome

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Beautiful canyon. You have to with on a guided tour and they are very strict.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

You can only describe this place as stunning. I went here when my family was visiting from NY around Christmas time. It was pretty crowded, but stunning. The ride in is quite bumpy and certainly part of the experience. Not to be missed.

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Very unique canyon, for some of the best & most photographed spot in the SW. Must hire a guide though, again this really isn't a hike, but more of a guided tour, if you hate crowds, this in not the place for you, if your into photography should probably be on your bucket list if you have not gotten here already

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Amazing views, not strenuous at all. If there was something like this but a little more challenging I would be in heaven.

Saturday, May 07, 2016

Great experience

Saturday, April 02, 2016

Took the 0830 hike in late March. It was dark inside (I got a little claustrophobic) but when sun started peeking through the rocks, experience was amazing. Best time is midday. Gave my tour guide a tip for teaching me camera tricks on my iPhone.

Wednesday, March 02, 2016

A must do hike if you are in the area