Twin Buttes and Broken Arrow Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(138)
Sedona, Arizona

Twin Buttes and Broken Arrow Loop is a 2.2 mile loop trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.2 miles Elevation Gain: 314 feet Route Type: Loop

What a stunning trail! We only had one day in Sedona and couldn't imagine leaving without a great hike, and this one fit the bill perfectly - it was exactly what I imagined that a Sedona hike would be. This trail is in an area frequented by off-road vehicles (we saw several pink Jeep tours passing by) but while it crosses those roads, the trail is closed to motorized vehicles and had a quiet, private feel on the evening that we were there. My 4-year-old loved the (minor) rock scrambling and trailfinding with the many cairns, and my husband and I most enjoyed the incredible views of the sun setting over the rocks across the valley and the many shades of green that we didn't expect to find in the desert. If you want a short loop with constant views, go do this one!

This was an amazing hike. Moderate with short stretches of slight difficulty. The views were majestic! We saw 5 people on a Saturday afternoon. It crosses over a 4 wheeler trail a couple of times.

Amazing!! I recorded my first yoga video on this trail. Amazing scenic views!!

Great hike! Beautiful views, some shade, and big rocky vistas to enjoy the view from.

Great afternoon hike! Panoramic views! Beautiful!

Nice quick and easy little afternoon hike with multiple trails linked together. Started out at the broken arrow trailhead and meandered around until we found routes that looked interesting... "high on the hog" was by far the favorite trail with great views.

Stunning!!! Great hike, had my dog and it was suitable for her as well

Beautiful panoramic views! Highly recommend. Did it on a rainy cloudy day and it was still spectacular!

Phenomenal! Out of the 6 hikes we completed this was our favorite!!!

Incredible views. Well worth it

Great rugged trail, awesome views.

recorded Broken Arrow Trail

Fantastic! One of the best hikes with the most impressive vistas I’ve ever seen.

recorded Broken Arrow Trail

Freaking amazing

Amazing views!!

Marg's Draw Trail to Broken Arrow, starting/ending at Sombart Trailhead. Excellent route for trail running with only a few areas of blown out trail path that require walking. Worth doing!

follow the advice of the earlier reviews... head of the hog to chicken point is well worth it!

Read Rick Clapham’s description of linking the trails for a perfect hike. Coming back from Chicken Point, we stayed on the Broken Arrow trail for a different view and to see the Devil’s Dining Room sinkhole. This was one of my favorite hikes - totaling a little over 4 miles. Chicken Point has gorgeous views.

What a beautiful trail! Scenery, shade, well marked. Loved it! Interconnects with other trails.

Thu May 30 2019

Take the Twin Buttes trial just South from the Broken Arrow trail head car park. When this ends take a left on High of the Hog trail to Chicken Point. Very quiet trail away from all the jeeps and a bit higher giving awesome views. Allow 2 hours including many stops for photos and wildlife/scenic views.

Sat Apr 27 2019

this is one beautiful and easy hike.

Tue Apr 23 2019

Beautiful views but not well marked. Glad i had this app! May have been lost otherwise!

Sat Apr 20 2019

great dog friendly trail

Mon Apr 15 2019

Good hike! With great views along at at the end by chicken point.

Thu Nov 15 2018

My wife and I hiked Broken Arrow to Chicken Point and then returned by Way of High on the Hog and Twin Buttes Trails. That return trip was spectacular. The views were gorgeous and provided many opportunities to add composition to the photos (framing the subject mountains in a foreground of tree limbs, etc. One of my frustrations here at Zedona had been that the red rock that makes Sedona simply spectacular tend to wash out into pastels in my photos. I have a solution for you: When viewing the picture in Gallery, click the Edit function, click Tone and then add a bit of Contrast and a bit of Saturation. You'll be amazed how it restores the color! your pictures will be as beautiful as what YOU see when looking at the landscape.