For a limited time only, save 30% on a year of AllTrails Pro!
Get Started
Learn more

Turnbuckle to Granite Falls to Pyrite to Pyrite Summit Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(89)
Skyline Regional Park

Turnbuckle to Granite Falls to Pyrite to Pyrite Summit Loop is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Buckeye, Arizona that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and offers a number of activity options.

Length 7.1 mi Elevation gain 1,076 ft Route type Loop

Photos (203)
Recordings (82)
Completed (128)
Julie N
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 2, 2020
HikingNo shade

Great hike. Did it in heat warning weather. Very nice view at the summit. Strange thing though. I heard a kid laughing and a man talking along this trail as I hiked the pyrite loop and then again right below the summit. I thought someone was up there but when I got to the top, no one. Parking lot empty when I arrived and when I left and I didn’t c anyone on the trails. Any one else hear this? It’s gotten under my skin.

Rose Vargas
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 16, 2020
Hiking

I really enjoyed this hike seen a total of 4 people on way down but didn’t see anyone before we made it to summit great trail to run down after you summit and beautiful views

Angie Russell
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 27, 2020
HikingNo shadeRocky

Made it to Pyrites summit on 3.26.2020 at sunset.. Amazing views. The desert is in full bloom. I was the only one at Pyrites Summit at sunset. I saw the last person on granite falls. Saw a total of 12 people on the way in but mainly at the trailhead. Bring a headlight to hike out of you plan to watch the sunset.

View Angie's Recording
Alfredo Martinez
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 2, 2020

Great trail run!

View Alfredo's Recording
Chuck Guy
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 1, 2020
HikingNo shadeRocky

I hiked this trail today and added in the Valley Vista summit and the east side of the Turnbuckle loop as a substitute for the west Turnbuckle loop. I really enjoyed it. This turns it into a 8.3 mile hike. I really enjoy this hiking area. Its nice that its close to my home, about 30 minutes away. The Pyrite trail was very scenic. I only saw a bout 3 other groups on this trail. So its a good way to get some solitude. Although I don't mind other hikers. I recommend going to they Skyline Park website and printing their trail map. It really helps me out. https://www.buckeyeaz.gov/residents/skyline-regional-park-trails

Tracy Down
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 25, 2020
Hiking

We really enjoyed this hike. It was a good challenge for us due to the mileage and we also really liked the variable up and down terrain. Fairly busy at the beginning and hard to find parking but once we were a mile or two into the hike it was very peaceful. Nice to have bathrooms at trailhead which is not always the case around these parts

Hilary Adams
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 5, 2019
Hiking

Skyline Park is by far my favorite in the area. I’ve been over here a few times in the last few weeks and every trail is well marked plus easy to navigate.

View Hilary's Recording
Kiley Sullivan
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 29, 2019
Hiking

When I arrived, the parking lot was full but I actually saw very few people on this trail. I brought my dog and was pleased that the trails were pretty wide so it was easy to pass other groups. The trails are very clean and well maintained. Some of the trail markers are confusing but everything eventually loops around.

Kevin Hunt
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 25, 2019
HikingNo shade

Great straight forward hike with peaks for great views

View Kevin's Recording
Bob Durna
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 4, 2019
Hiking

Maybe my favorite in Skyline Regional Park. It takes you to the far western section of the park. You get great 360 degree views from the summit if you choose to go there. Good workout especially if you approach the trail from Chuckwalla as that approach offers much quicker elevation gain. I would suggest doing this trail from both directions. Great scenery either way. Depending on how you approach this trail the distance will be 7 plus miles. Bring enough water and maybe a snack or two.

Dave Van Zile
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarApril 13, 2019

Many nice views, moderate hike and above valley bad air. Spring bloom is beautiful.

N S
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 11, 2019
Hiking

The views are excellent, the terrain makes you work, but is doable. I went on a Monday morning thinking there won't be many people, but the parking lot was already full when I got there. At the foothills it was very crowded, but did clear up as I got higher.

Nancy Ferguson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 21, 2019

Great hike. Beautiful scenery on Pyrite. We added the switchbacks on Turnbuckle for a full loop.

Lori Shoaf
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 4, 2019
Hiking

Great hike, especially if you go to the summit. The first part of it, Turnbuckle to Granite Falls was boring as it is mostly flat with typical desert scenery. Once you get more into Granite Falls and onto Pyrite, then you really start climbing. The views are outstanding if you go to the summit. You have 360 degree views from up there. Very peaceful. Once I left the summit and got back to the Pyrite trail, I headed towards the Chuckwalla trail.This will take you back to the trailhead through Granite Falls and finally Turnbuckle. This is a long trail, so make sure you have plenty of water and start early. I would do this trail again.

David Jones
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarDecember 23, 2018
Hiking

Great hike. Simple with enough incline to work you out. The view at the top completely makes it worth it. A long hike so make sure you bring plenty of water. I would definitely do this hike again.

LaGreta Toney
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarDecember 20, 2018
First to Review

Beautiful views! Not too hard of inclines. Multiple ways to get to the base and to come down. Absolutely beautiful panoramic views from the top.

Camille Unique
View Camille's Recording
Manuel Mendoza
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 12, 2020
View Manuel's Recording
Bruce VanHouten
View Bruce's Recording
Jennifer Phillips
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 14, 2020
View Jennifer's Recording
Jill Nico
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 6, 2020
View Jill's Recording
Just Hike
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 20, 2020
View Just's Recording
Jamie Wolf
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 16, 2020
View Jamie's Recording
Rob Lehner
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMay 15, 2020
View Rob's Recording
Greg Greenbaum
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 12, 2020
View Greg's Recording
Joel Medrano
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMay 3, 2020
View Joel's Recording
Jamie Wolf
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 1, 2020
View Jamie's Recording
Bruce VanHouten
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarApril 28, 2020
View Bruce's Recording