Turnbuckle Loop Trail

Turnbuckle Loop Trail is a 4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Buckeye, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.0 miles Elevation Gain: 823 feet Route Type: Loop

I-10 to the Watson Road exit. Go north and it runs you right into the park.

fairly easy loop with an few let burning switchbacks. beautiful view

Wonderful hike. Good cardio workout and rated moderate to moderate plus if you go to the very top. Take guests here if you want to show off the beauty that Arizona mountain hiking holds.

Great trail. Definitely doing it again.

My first trail when I moved to AZ (from WA) I spent the day hiking all the trails in the area. It was beautiful, because the scenery is different and the sun was shining. I went in October 2018, so the weather was perfect! The trials are easy for adults and children. It’s not long so don’t hesitate to explore the other trails in the area just bring plenty of water of course! Keep the dogs in a leash because my curious pet decided she would sniff a cactus, so we left and headed straight for the veterinarian.

loved the view

The trail is easy. Can run through it and get a good workout.

Started at 6:00am. Turnbuckle w/Valley Vista Summit X 2. First pass, counter clockwise, then direction reversed to clockwise. About 8.5 miles total.

Took my five year old and he got to feel large and in charge when we completed this trail. Hiking up the Vista adds some much needed flavor on this one. Trail is very well maintained but comes across as more of a out door workout trail than a nature get away.

Typical desert flora and fauna. Ok for workout but overall underwhelming.

bridge out

Great exercise, can add .33 miles at the top for Valley Vista! Worth the extra trail 

Beautiful trail. However, there were a lot of small gnat like bugs. We did turnbuckle and Watson loop and there were bugs on both. Only reason for the four star. It is nature, however, so the bugs are understandable.

I was excited to do this hike and I would rate it higher but please do not attempt to hike this or any hike at 90+ degree weather. Unfortunately I didn’t get to the top even though I was so close.. I had to turn back around (I did just the same amount of miles though). I almost passed out and had chills all over and felt more out of breath than ever. And although it may seem common sense to not hike in hot heat if your body can’t get used to it, sometimes people underestimate it. I’m new to AZ and I definitely did. If it was a more pleasing hike, I’d rate it higher. For this reason, I was unable to find that much shade. There are only a few spots with shade but not enough to cool you in desert heat weather.

very good hike, it offers scenic views. we found some bugs and lizards. it is sunny with little shade. when the sun sets it does offer shade via the mountain.

Fun trail to run/hike, and not too crowded. If you want to run the trail, I’d suggest starting off heading to the right (northish I think). It’s steeping, but would be a bear to run down.

Is so relaxing and excellent workout I did it with my 12 years old son. And the view on the top is breathtaking

Great hike. The trail is well marked. We ended up starting on Turnbuckle and added in Granite Falls for a bit.. ended up around 5 miles. Summit was beautiful, but pretty narrow to get up there. We went around 3, so we were in the sun for our entire ascent (started to the left, clockwise) but had plenty of shade going down.

It is a nice and moderate trail. I have enjoyed its peacefulness and quietness. You can see few refreshing and beautiful flowers, enjoy the free flying butterflies and relax listening to a bird's song.

I live close by and do this hike often. I love it but have seen many come unprepared. If you start the loop counting up the trail markers you are going to head up a VERY steep incline of switch backs to the summit which can be difficult to the non experienced hiker but not impossible if you are prepared with water and willing to take your time. For me it's a great workout and has amazing views with the opportunity to climb higher at when you get to the top with the Valley Vista extension. Skyline Regional Park is great and continues to grow, I highly recommend it!

Great trail! The trail is very well marked. I will be back again.

Great trail I’m a somewhat new hiker. Challenging enough for a good workout if you are trying to get fit and measure your endurance. Plenty of water needed.