Turnbuckle Loop Trail

Turnbuckle Loop Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Buckeye, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I-10 to the Watson Road exit. Go north and it runs you right into the park.

Its an amazing hike. The trail is easy to follow

One of my regular go to’s because it’s close to home. Love the trails at Skyline, this one in particular. Great workout and a very rewarding view from the peak. Worth it! Well kept, clean, easy parking and easy to get to. Dog friendly, please pick up after them. :)

nice cool day, nice trail , well maintained trails and trailhead park, fresh water bathrooms.

Nice hike.. our dog enjoyed the views too

Nice hike.

Wonderful, beautiful free area for all levels of skill. We'll kept trails, plenty of maps throughout the trails. Highly recommended it.

My wife, kids (9,11 and 13) and I really enjoy this trail as it provides the right amount workout and difficulty for all. We seem to prefer counterclockwise and save the switchbacks for our decent. This was the first time going to the summit as part of our prep for Camelback. The extra 270 ft of elevation wasn't bad at all and the view was a nice treat.

We hiked clockwise on this exposed terrain loop where the steep incline switchbacks lead to the Vista View trail. The effort to the summit was the same as the switchbacks. The desert mountain panoramic views appeared greener after the recent February rain. The east side of the loop was easier than the west side climb because of the natural downhill momentum and gradual decent. Enjoyed this midday hike!
Free parking. Nice restrooms.

Such a beautiful park with great trails. The trails are well marked and wide and well maintained and the area is surrounded by mountains. My favorite park in the area. Best of all it is free to get in and parking is good as well as nice restroom facilities. This trail is moderate and there are many offshoots to get onto other trails and tailor your hike to your distance

Really nice park! The trail is very well cared for, clearly defined and well marked. Moderate in difficulty, including the trip to the summit which the sign somehow states is black diamond - it's got loose rock, but you aren't scaling rocks and it's not technical. Great rewarding view from top. Took dogs, great for paws. Nice length, can add on for a longer hike. Nice restroom with running water at trailhead, no fountain that I saw.

This was my second attempt at Turnbuckle (I was out of shape the first time) and it was much more pleasant. The weather wasn’t so good but the trail was well traveled today by many! Loved the views and made it to the Valley Vista which made for great daunting pics.ove this park!

Had my wife with me. Did the basic trail without going to the peak. Took an hour and a half at a leisurely rate. Clockwise you run into some somewhat steep switchbacks near the halfway point. The second half had a steep downhill with some loose rocks as a trail. Didn't see any litter and there was a nice breeze.

Nice trail

Nice hike. A little steep for small distance on back side.
Worth doing.

Loved this hike- clockwise was definitely a choice to taking the loop. Valley Vista is also a must- the views are amazing!

free to access, nice basic facilities, well marked trails

Love this trail

Fun little hike. More fun in a clockwise direction I would say. Make sure you go all the way up to the summit. At the highest point, there is a .33 mile offshoot south that has a great view at the top.

I have been here several times now and always have an amazing hike.

Great workout. Brought a friend who hadn't hiked in a while and they didn't enjoy it as much as I did. Took the trail counterclockwise and struggled a little near the Vista trail. Full loop took about 2 hours with frequent stops. Only saw some lizards but the weather was perfect! Coming back after more conditioning!

Sunday, August 13, 2017

We went clockwise on Turnbuckle, added the Valley Vista to the peak. The .33 miles to the peak is definitely worth the view. Saw a tortoise just leisurely walking the trail, which was a nice treat. If you go right after sunrise, you will have some shade for parts of the trail.

Saturday, August 12, 2017

This is a great hike in the West valley. Definitely has challenges, and elevation​ changes throughout. lots if fun

Thursday, August 03, 2017

Wonderful trail!!

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Great trail with plenty of room to park.

Saturday, May 06, 2017

Great hike. The final push was at the moderate or just above the difficulty lever. The loop was a very good hike and not to hard.

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Fun trail! Take lots of water and good shoes, some parts are sandy and can get slippery.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

I really enjoyed this hike. The bathrooms at the trailhead are very clean too. We took the extra .33 and did the harder vista valley trail - totally worth it with 360 degree views. I loved seeing the mountain views. We took our dog and she had an easy time with it. This was our first hike since moving here and we loved it. We arrived around 7:20am and the parking lot was relatively full however the trail was not over crowded. When we left at 9:40 the parking lot had less cars.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

great conditioning trail for endurance horses