Tumamoc Hill

Tumamoc Hill is a 2.9 mile out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until May.

Great hike with perfect city views This is a great hike up a well paved hill with fantastic city views. Since this hike is on university property it is one of the only hikes in the Tucson Mountain Range that permits night hiking, making this the perfect hike for sunrise/sunset watching. Tumamoc Hill is a research station that has been studied since 1906. Travel is permitted all the way to the top but on pavement only. With continued respect this route should remain open to the public!

43 minutes ago

challenging incline, paved path, great exercise, great views, learn about local wildlife along the path, crowded

One of the coolest views of the city!

Highly recommend for sunset. The views are beautiful, it’s easy to find and follow, and it’s a good workout! My only complaint is that it’s pretty crowded - even in the summer!

I love walking this paved trail. It’s a great workout. It offers beautiful views of Tucson.

Amazing . Great workout . If you see the area you will see the local wildlife .

fun full moon night hike

I love hiking this hill

This paved trail was a nice hike. Not a long one, however, going up hill I could feel it! Great stops along the way with benches and information about the wild life. Going down hill was a bit tricky at first due to a knee replacement that tends to cause issues when going down. However highly recommend this hike. The views alone make it worth the walk. All ages were hiking and even some were jogging. More power to them!

Great little hike for the start/end of the day. All paved. Open 4am-10pm.

We’re lucky to have this gem so close to town. Just hard enough to keep you humble. Rewarding views at the top.

I love Tumamoc. It’s a great day activity for a good workout.

Quick short hike up Tumamoc after an hr of skating!! Dead legs but awesome feel!! Great views all around and huge sahuaros !! Definitely doing it again!!

This is one of my favorite favs! It’s definitely challenging and I try to do it at least once each time we’re in Tuscon (2x yr)!

Four stars because of the limited public access (Sunday’s).

Love the view from the top, steep but great way to get your stamina up for hikes

Nice little hike. Steep.

Great cardio workout! For people of all ages!

A great Cardio workout, Especially if you make it past the half way mark.
The climb a bit more difficult, Quite a steep incline.
I love hiking this during the early morning summer months.
When the desert cactus is are blooming.
Once you made it to the top a great view of the city of Tucson

Great cardio workout!

This has become one of my favorite hikes. The first time I went I found it extremely challenging and couldn't breathe well but my second time around was much better and now I'm able to do it with some ease. Definitely recommend! Great views at sunset time.

Well maintained paved path great views and lots of wild life. It is fun but if your not in semi good shape take your time.

Pretty good workout for 3 sisters in our 60s. Got our heart rates up & we were able to keep stomping along. Short break @ the buildings & powered up the last part. Whew! Great views. Downhill was a relief.

A good place for exercise. Not difficult at all. You can see the downtown at the top.

Perfect hill to gain quick views of the city. Paved all the way up with pull offs for resting.

A great cardio workout and conveniently located. It took me a couple of times going in and hiking halfway point before I made it to the top. The incline is extreme. It is not a lush desert scene but there is a great city view and it is paved.

My Tucson favorite! Beautiful views and paved the entire way. REALLY gets the heart beating and burns the bum.

A great path for a good cardio workout. I've conquered Tumamoc many times and I never get tired of it. I always jog on the way down.

Fun trail it will get your ❤ pumping and your legs

Great little hike. Paved road all the way up. Took about 1.5 hrs up and down with stops to enjoy the views. Some quite steep sections to get the heart pumping. A local favorite and lots of people out enjoying this hike. I’ll definitely do it again. Probably a lot:)

Great conditioning hike!
Edited to add: This Hill is a bear! (Hubby and I have nicknamed the steep switchbacks with naughty names.) You either love The Hill or hate it; there’s no in-between. It’s a true test to one’s endurance and not for the faint of heart. It took me several attempts before I made it to the top. But, once I did, I was hooked. I now hike it every chance I get! Typing this review is surreal, as I suffer with asthma, allergies, and chronic joint pain. I never thought I’d be able to accomplish such a feat. I still marvel at the fact that I conquered this hill. The fact that I hiked it every day (when I lived near it) is nothing short of a miracle!

Nice incline, good workout.