Tumamoc Hill

Tumamoc Hill is a 2.9 mile out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is best used from September until May.

Great hike with perfect city views This is a great hike up a well paved hill with fantastic city views. Since this hike is on university property it is one of the only hikes in the Tucson Mountain Range that permits night hiking, making this the perfect hike for sunrise/sunset watching. Tumamoc Hill is a research station that has been studied since 1906. Travel is permitted all the way to the top but on pavement only. With continued respect this route should remain open to the public!

Great little hike on the west side. Trail is paved so that is a bonus!

Beautiful views to look at during sunset & after it gets dark. First incline is tough but after that it's not so bad, if you're not in a rush.

Really fun. Doing it twice a week.

For this 65 year old this trail got me breathing heavily. It took us 1.75 hours round trip. You must park along a street by a hospital. Busy trail on a week day. It is paved and steep.

I underestimated this trail completely. The first half was perfect, with a decent incline, plenty of natural plant life and gorgeous views on the ascent. But the second half nearly knocked the wind out of me. The incline was so steep, that my footing gradually became harder as I feared I would topple backwards. The views are absolutely worth it though, especially at sunset!

Love going to Tumamoc! It gets pretty steep and gives you beautiful views of the city! A fun little hike to do in an hour or less!

Moderate in the beginning, hard for the last half. Excellent views. I would do this trail again in a heartbeat

Great view, nice switchbacks! First walk in Tucson visiting from Seattle.

I've walked this mountain for years . It's an amazing walk. The incline is awesome, every time I have put weight on. I do this everyday and loose a ton of weight !

Great view of the city!

It is not a trail, but a road that is part of a nature preserve that the public can walk up on weekends. The view from the top is very nice, but it is hardly a nature experience.