Tumamoc Hill

Tumamoc Hill is a 2.9 mile out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until May.

Great hike with perfect city views This is a great hike up a well paved hill with fantastic city views. Since this hike is on university property it is one of the only hikes in the Tucson Mountain Range that permits night hiking, making this the perfect hike for sunrise/sunset watching. Tumamoc Hill is a research station that has been studied since 1906. Travel is permitted all the way to the top but on pavement only. With continued respect this route should remain open to the public!

Great cardio workout!

This has become one of my favorite hikes. The first time I went I found it extremely challenging and couldn't breathe well but my second time around was much better and now I'm able to do it with some ease. Definitely recommend! Great views at sunset time.

Well maintained paved path great views and lots of wild life. It is fun but if your not in semi good shape take your time.

Pretty good workout for 3 sisters in our 60s. Got our heart rates up & we were able to keep stomping along. Short break @ the buildings & powered up the last part. Whew! Great views. Downhill was a relief.

A good place for exercise. Not difficult at all. You can see the downtown at the top.

Perfect hill to gain quick views of the city. Paved all the way up with pull offs for resting.

A great cardio workout and conveniently located. It took me a couple of times going in and hiking halfway point before I made it to the top. The incline is extreme. It is not a lush desert scene but there is a great city view and it is paved.

My Tucson favorite! Beautiful views and paved the entire way. REALLY gets the heart beating and burns the bum.

A great path for a good cardio workout. I've conquered Tumamoc many times and I never get tired of it. I always jog on the way down.

Fun trail it will get your ❤ pumping and your legs

Great little hike. Paved road all the way up. Took about 1.5 hrs up and down with stops to enjoy the views. Some quite steep sections to get the heart pumping. A local favorite and lots of people out enjoying this hike. I’ll definitely do it again. Probably a lot:)

Great conditioning hike!
Edited to add: This Hill is a bear! (Hubby and I have nicknamed the steep switchbacks with naughty names.) You either love The Hill or hate it; there’s no in-between. It’s a true test to one’s endurance and not for the faint of heart. It took me several attempts before I made it to the top. But, once I did, I was hooked. I now hike it every chance I get! Typing this review is surreal, as I suffer with asthma, allergies, and chronic joint pain. I never thought I’d be able to accomplish such a feat. I still marvel at the fact that I conquered this hill. The fact that I hiked it every day (when I lived near it) is nothing short of a miracle!

Nice incline, good workout.

Enjoyed great views of downtown Tucson and Catalinas and Rincons in the distance. That lady push to the top is quite steep

Absolutely amazing trail! Get a quick sweat in and exercise those thighs and calves. Fun trail now open to the public and locally for all of Tucson. Recommend hitting it in the morning hours and sitting at the top before the sun rises. Fantastic trail and super easy to break a good sweat on. The parking sucks at the bottom otherwise it's worth it at least once a month!

Walking Tumamoc Hill is my main vice and I hike it at least 5 times per week. Getting up there, I feel rewarded with the winds from the other side, the fresh side. Its spectacular views give me the most beautiful place to do a quick 5 minute meditation session.

Awesome incline workout! You will definitely sweat on the way up and the hike down is a nice cool down. Family friendly for sure!Beautiful view of the city.

Love that it’s quick and effective with gorgeous sunsets and easy access but it’s a paved road with tons of people

Great view, petroglyphs, wildlife, and a couple old observatories. Wonderful climb, paved and steep. Have done it with all the boys from 1 to 7

love it. beautiful view of the city. great workout!