Treasure Loop Trail

Treasure Loop Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Apache Junction, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from October until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Park Fee = $7.00

Some incline at beginning then flattens out. Nice views.

Sweet gentle hike. Nice for a limited time line to get a feel for hiking.

This was a perfect trail if you're looking for a moderate jaunt up the butte to see an incredible view of town and meander in and out of the rock formations. It took us about an hour and a half to complete the whole loop. We went on a Saturday morning and it wasn't super busy since there are plenty of trails to choose from within Lost Dutchman. No wildflowers yet, but the cacti were fun to see. The trail is well maintained, but it is steep at first, so bring water and be prepared to take a few breaks if you're not an experienced hiker. Entry into the park is $7, which includes lots of bathrooms, water fountains, paved parking, maps, and well marked trails.

I like it

Very nice trail. Good signposts. Lots of people. Safe area for lone hikers. Incredible views of the valley.

Moderate hike with nice views at the base of the Superstitions. Great to have this trail out of the Lost Dutchman SP campground.

Great hike. Easy incline hike and well developed trails. Enjoy the Rick formations at the top and take in the views on the way down.

Beautiful views on a crisp Az day!

Great trail. Beautiful scenario.

Hiking with my 2 and 4 year old grandsons for the first time and they did great! Made it all the way to the top. Wasn’t too hard, beautiful scenery...perfect hike!

Great hike! Just enough of a challenge for a novice hiker. Good workout and beautiful views.

I’m a novice hiker and almost 70 years old. I am not used to the gradual ascension. Take plenty of water. Don’t be afraid to rest as often as you need. There are lots of friendly people of all ages on the trail, including toddlers and dogs. The views are incredible! I WILL do this again and again. I especially want to see this in the spring time.

Perfect trail for getting legs in shape for the longer more challenging trails. Slight incline up and down. Added the loop on the way down to add a little more distance. Moderate traffic. Mostly gravel and easy trail that is well maintained.

I am an avid mountain biker who is new to hiking. This trail was perfect for me. Nice incline for a challenge and not too technical. The views were beautiful. I definitely will do this one quite often.

I’ll always love this trail!

great visit to see interesting desert vegetation and critters tbat occupy them. we got there with full sun knowing when sun went down the real magic would happen. birds came out and the colors of desert landscape changed to a magical place and time. full moon was happening and it was worth the trip to see it rise from the mountains. hike was made easier with breaks in the shade which is hard to come by in this terrain. wear light clothes and drink lots of water.

Beautiful !

It is a pretty simple hike, I would rate it as easy. Nice view!

Nice trail, good condition easy for new hikers.

Pros: Easy-going hike. Very doable for kids. Gorgeous view of the superstition Mountains. Cons: Not shaded unless you go early enough that you’re shaded by the mountain. Not very many places to sit and rest along the way. Both these things made it feel kind of long and boring for my 7year old, but she enjoyed the views at the half way point.

Good, non-strenuous hike. We have 4 kids. The youngest is 7 years old. She was able to complete the hike with zero help. I give it 3 stars because the trail is heavily used. I like to get away from people and enjoy the outdoors.

Great mellow hike, good views. Slow steady incline. Great if you feel the need for a quick hour and half hike.

Comfortable hike, nice views

Would you do it like four stars I Donely do three

Relatively easy. Added on the Jacobs crossing loop to get more of a hike.

First time hiking this trail and we loved it!

Nice little hike. Can be as easy or as difficult as you want it to be.

BEAUTIFUL! Steady incline and wonderful scenery. We're new to hiking so this was a great trail to increase our abilities. We would do this again! So beautiful.

Great MLK day trip. Free admission to park. Beautiful views of mountains in every direction. Steady incline no scrambling.