Tramanto Trail

Tramanto Trail is a 1.9 mile out and back trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding.

Nice trail but as others have said is not marked well and we got lost a couple times. Loose gravel made for some entertaining moments but luckily no sprained ankles! However did drop my phone trying to find the trail so kind of an expensive excursion. Oh well...

Trail was easy to find, however, not easy to follow. We basically wandered the side of the mountain for 45 mins. Eventually we found the trail again and finished the hike. It was fun and good exercise. Will do it again as it is close to home. My dog loved it!

It would have been a lot more fun without our kiddos. They were just too little for the loose gravel trail and the steep inclines. I would rat this as a difficult trail. It was also very unclear where exactly the trail was until you reached the first peak. I would not recommend this for young children.

This trail is worth hiking definitely but it is not easy. The trail is not marked well and the ascenscion is on very loose gravel. Short climb but steep. I called Phoenix Pd who stated parking was allowed on the road in the vicinity of the trailhead. This trailhead is not inside a gated community. Follow your AllTrails apps and you will be fine.

No access to this trail

Can’t access this trail it starts in a gated community.

How to find the trailhead? Follow the directions using Google map. When map says "you have arrived" look on your right. You will see a Phoenix Preserve sign on the side of the road. The trail is not clearly visible, but it starts just on the side of that sign.

I could not find the trailhead. I parked in a cul-de-sac and hiked what I could find of this trail. Seems to be a neighborhood trail that is not maintained, or hiked much.

recorded Tramanto Trail