Trail 100 from Mountain View Park

Trail 100 from Mountain View Park is a 13.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nearly all trails are clearly marked and maintained. Many divergences in the trails offer a wide variety of paths. Lots of mountainous ascents and descents that offer a change of pace for bikers and hikers alike

I was on 100 for a short time yesterday, starting on 8 and then swinging over to a parallel trail and then on to 100. I have been meaning to go back to 2 Bit Peak, which I found once from 100 and another time from Piestewa Peak Park, though I didn't find that yesterday. I just meandered for a time on 100 and then jumped on 1A and headed back to parking. 100 is essentially a long, flat trail, with plenty of connectors for more challenging hiking. It's pretty anyway, and does provide a long walk through the desert. One time I drove to Tatum Drive, parked at Tomahawk Trail, and then hiked to Piestewa Peak Park and back. A good 6 miles one way. I am determined to find 2 Bit Peak again, so will spend more time on 100.

Great if you want a long hike that isn’t very hilly.

Beautiful. one of my favorites for trail running.

Great trail

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

The North Mountain Tower Road Improvements will begin soon, and will require temporary trail closures. Keep informed by e-mailing the project team at northmountainproject@gciaz.com or calling the 24 hour Project Hotline at (623)825-3444. Public meeting date to be announces soon. Join the mailing list at www.surveymonkey.com/r/northmountain

Sunday, May 14, 2017

For an urban hiking experience, this offers a respectable sampling of the desert environment. The trail (formally known as the Charles Christensen Memorial Trail) is actually an 11-mile point-to-point route across the Phoenix Mountains Preserve, between 7th Avenue in the west and Tatum Blvd in the east. As some have commented, navigation becomes tricky in the Dreamy Draw area with vague signage and numerous social trails hampering route finding. Otherwise, a pleasant outing.

Monday, April 03, 2017

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Great all purpose trail and a go to for our family when we want to get out and hike but not have to drive too far! Love that you are in the middle of the city but you can't even tell!

Monday, February 13, 2017

Pretty easy hike. I would suggest parking at North Mountain Park visitor center, would have been helpful to talk to someone who was more familiar with the trail, and probably a safer place to park our car.

Sunday, February 05, 2017

I've been riding this park since the late 80's and I love it! It is well marked and you can go out for an easy 4 mile loop or do the whole trail from end to end and back for a ride that will challenge the best! Add Shaw Butte for a long climb to top off a "hard" ride. Please remember to use headphones at a volume that you can hear others and use trail etiquette so we can all continue to enjoy this awesome network of trails.

Monday, January 23, 2017

I began the 28 mile out and back at Mountain View Park. All was well marked until Dreamy Draw Park. Then it got crazy. So many trails going every which way that I lost trail 100. I figured if I just continue east the trail (trails) would eventually get me to Tatum Blvd. It did and returning to Dreamy Draw was again a challenge but from Dreamy Draw to Mountain View was well marked.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Does anyone know how late the trail stays open??

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Not heavily travelled area yet easy to access and a very nice place to visit. Mostly flat but areas to climb as well.

Monday, July 04, 2016

I went to Dreamy Draw Park today. Never been there before, though I don't know why since it"s right around the corner from my house. I started out on the 100, which I know travels through Piestewa Peak Park and then on to Tatum Drive. I continued on it for a while. Mostly flat and not difficult. I turned off the 100 and onto the 1A, another trail I know well from Piestewa Peak. 1A switchbacked up the mountain, so it posed a little difficulty. I turned around and came back down the mountain and onto the 100. I did not finish it today since I like climbing the mountains and the 100 does not do that. It is a long flat hike, but there is a lot of desert to see from it, and it connects to climbing trails.

Monday, April 25, 2016

enjoyed this trail very much. mild/moderate. brought the dog. you can cut it short after getting around the base of the ntn or keep going. will be back!

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Nice trail

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Really enjoyable trail. Great mix of terrains, from flat smooth paths to rocky, fairly technical climbs and descents. Lovely views from some of the higher points. Can get a bit confusing since the trail loops around on itself at several points, but that also keeps it interesting.

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Nailed it! Great hike.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

I did this trail yesterday, without really intending to. I went looking for the 100 Trail on Tatum drive, and I found it before realizing that is also the Charles M. Christiansen Memorial Trail! Anyway. Quite a good trail with some difficulty added in on connecting trails. The connector just east of the Trail 8 crossover leads south, and then climbs to the Two Bit Peak Trail. That is a little bit of a hard climb, with tricky rocks and lots of uphill. It does get to the top, where there are great views of East Valley mountains. I did 9.38 miles on Charles M. Christiansen between Tatum and Squaw Peak and that connector. Good, fun work.

Saturday, June 06, 2015

Great variety of terrain.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

nice city trail

great if you want to put in some time and miles on a flatter (not flat) trail

also great to test your endurance without going way out into the wilderness as you as vever more than a mile from hel should you need it

caution the trail tunnnel at dreamy draw is trick to find it is slightly north of the parking lot
not south as that is for cars only with no trail acess

water is available at freamy draw and the visitors centre

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Did 10 miles, 3 before dawn.

Friday, July 11, 2014

Great, easy hike when you want to relax but feel like you are in the middle of no where. Pretty views in spots of Four Peaks. Not too crowded. This hike is day to get your zen on and just escape the city a little while without traveling very far.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Great trail located in PHX area. It's pretty moderate hiking wise.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Great for biking, not to hard is good for beginners.