Tom's Thumb to Bell Pass

Tom's Thumb to Bell Pass is a 11.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Scottsdale, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is best used from October until May.

This is definitely the hike you want if you are looking for a tough workout. I took the slight detour to see Tom's Thumb and my recording showed ~12 miles total for the entire day. Absolutely bring more water than you normally would.

This is a terrific hike, but it delivered me a beat down. My track recording showed 12 miles, not 11.3 as advertised, but nevertheless I was whipped by mile 8. Lots of climbing. Bring more water than you think you need.

Awesome

It was a good hike up to tom's thumb from gateway access area, I then took east gate around to bell pass to loop around a little longer then I planned for my day. Completed a little over 14 miles, but I was done at 10 miles and could longer enjoy my hike and just wanted it to be over, but I'd still do it again just not too soon.

Great views! Excellent challenge!

Over prepare, bring extra water- 2L+

This trail has some really fantastic views and is definitely worth your time. Keep in mind though that this trail is very steep in places and extremely rocky. Would be great for hiking but I ran it and it was pretty rough since it was so rocky. I can't even imagine trying to do this on a mountain bike, yikes. If you are going to run this just plan on a slow time and enjoy yourself, it is definitely a trail you should do if you live in the area. Check out Tom's Thumb as it is only a few tenths of a mile off the main loop. Take some extra water and some solid shoes and you will have fun on this one.

It was a good hike. Tough but so worth it!