Tom's Thumb to Bell Pass

Tom's Thumb to Bell Pass is a 11.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Scottsdale, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is best used from October until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Other than the length of this trail, it's pretty simple. Just bring lots of water and not be hung over as hell like me and my friends were.

great place to get ready for the Grand Canyon.. Watch out for wildlife, snakes, deer, birds, and coyotes.

"This is the hike that never ends
Yes it goes on and on my friend.
Some people started hiking it
Not knowing what it was
But people kept hiking it just because...
This is the hike that never ends..."

This was very challenging due to the distance. It took me 4 hours 15 mins for the complete loop. Definitely slather on the sunscreen, wear a hat, and bring plenty of water.

This is definitely the hike you want if you are looking for a tough workout. I took the slight detour to see Tom's Thumb and my recording showed ~12 miles total for the entire day. Absolutely bring more water than you normally would.

This is a terrific hike, but it delivered me a beat down. My track recording showed 12 miles, not 11.3 as advertised, but nevertheless I was whipped by mile 8. Lots of climbing. Bring more water than you think you need.

Awesome

It was a good hike up to tom's thumb from gateway access area, I then took east gate around to bell pass to loop around a little longer then I planned for my day. Completed a little over 14 miles, but I was done at 10 miles and could longer enjoy my hike and just wanted it to be over, but I'd still do it again just not too soon.