Learn more

Tinaja Peak Hike [PRIVATE PROPERTY]

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray Star(2)
Green Valley, Arizona

Tinaja Peak Hike [PRIVATE PROPERTY] is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Green Valley, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from November until March.

Length 3.2 mi Elevation gain 793 ft Route type Out & Back

No shade

Private property

Description
Waypoints (0)

NOTE: Hikers will need a permit to travel onto the Barry M. Goldwater Range. Please call 928-269-7150 for more information. Also, a 4-wheeled drive vehicle is necessary.

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (2)
Photos (5)
Recordings (1)
Completed (2)
Pat Ribotto
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarOctober 29, 2017
First to Review

I did this off trail bushwhack with my girlfriend way back in the late 80's. That was before Caterpillar bought the property, and now it is private property and off limits I think. It is definitely a winter hike as it would be way to hot in the summer. There is no shade, and it is just you picking your way a route to the top. I was surprised to see a geological marker at the peak when we got there too. Made it worthwhile! It's not a real high elevation peak, but the views were great from up there. A desert hike so to speak. I'm glad I did it back then as it wouldn't be something I would tackle now. Pretty rugged up there.

Lexi Reyes
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 4, 2020
View Lexi's Recording