Templeton Trail

Templeton Trail is a 7.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from the Cathedral Rock Trail for .3 miles from its trailhead off Back O'Beyond Road: To get to the Cthedral Rock Trail from the junction of Routes 89A and 179, take 179 south 3.5 miles to Back-O'Beyond Road on the right. Go .6 miles to the trailhead parking turnout on the left.

Picked up the Templeton trail from the Phone trail at the Bell Rock parking lot. It was super easy - more like a stroll than anything, with lots of tree cover, some wild flowers, and many gecko friends! Didn't make it to the creek due to time constraints but would totally hike again, and would try and hike the whole thing sometime! This would be a great family hike.

Nice and relaxing walk.

Hike the waters edge with plenty of shade and breathtaking scenery. Phenomenal family hike. Lots of traffic...

I like how it goes by the river! The trail is not anything special though

This was the best hike I went on the entire week I was here. It has everything. The views are incredible. If you follow the directions for parking, the trail starts near the road to the right. You follow a dried up creek until you get to the first underpass marked with Templeton Trail. I loved this entire trail. In the beginning you are close to the road and hear the noise of the cars, but as you get further in it gets quiet. There were bikers but they always said something to notify me they were coming, if i didn't notice first. Everyone was friendly and there weren't many people on the trail. I highly recommend this trail. I didn't see a water-filled creek I think because I followed the trail by the app.

This is a beautiful hike! Starting at the head of Phone trail, you can connect to Templeton. It is 7.9 total miles to got it out and have. Go all the way past Cathedral Rock, you go down a hillside into a forest that runs along a creek. The water in the creek is cool and clear and makes for a great rest stop during the hike. Highly recommended hike, we will certainly hike it again!

This is one of my all-time favorite hikes in Sedona. I did the few miles to the West of Cathedral Rock the first time. You get rewarded at the end by a nice walk along a beautiful creek Yesterday we did the whole thing. I misread the map and we started from Bell Rock Parking so the walk was 11.5 miles round trip I am pretty sure that if you start at the Courthouse Butte Parking it will still be more than 7.5 as you have to take either the Phone Trail or the Bell Rock trail to get to where the Templeton starts. Otherwise the scenery is wonderful and the terrain is fun. It is not an easy hike but we loved it, other than the additional 4 miles that was not planned for...

A good hike, with the reward of Oak Creek along the way. We did this hike after Cathedral Rock- Took a left at the bottom of Cathedral Rock Trail and enjoyed a ~2 mile hike in the late morning. The somewhat shady hike down low and therefore refreshingly cool. You may share the trail with mountain bikers, so listen for the behind you and step aside as the pass. On the climb back up from Oak Creek, getting behind them is slow, as at points, they need to carry their bikes- they may let you by. Tip- dip your feet in Oak Creek and enjoy the sound the water and birds chirping.