Telegraph Pass Trail

Telegraph Pass Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Yuma, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until March. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Trail to base of mountain. Path up the mountain is paved. Trail to mountain moderate, paved path up the mountain is difficult. Excellent view of Yuma and Welton from the top.

Totally worth the sore legs if you make it to the very top!

this trail is a nice hike in the beginning with beautiful scenary. once you hit the pavement road it gets really steep and tough

This is a fairly difficult trail with rocks and hills. I didn’t make it to the top-legs were trembly after climbing rocks. Will plan better next try.

Decent hike for Yuma

Who rated this trail as MODERATE? I’m a a regular hiker who likes climbing and I found this hill challenging. And I also find myself being called back....

This was a great workout. I would definitely label it as a hard hike though. This is not for people who are out of shape. The grade up the mountain is quite steep and pretty long. Beautiful views at the top. The only thing I didn't like was that the road was paved. It kind of takes away from the hiking experience. But it is an access road as well as a "hiking trail" so I understand why.

This is a great trail for hiking although I cannot understand how people who bring their dogs along are too lazy or inconsiderate to clean up dog shit. You really have to watch where your are stepping. This selfish act by others really ruins the hike for other people.

Good local trail! The paved path gets pretty steep. Great place to watch the sunrise or sunset.

Friday morning. Arrived at 8:30. More people coming down than going up at that time. This was my first time on the trail and my wife's second. Very steep toward the summit by the microwave towers. The views at the top were well worth the effort. We will definitely do this one again.

My first trail in my area! So excited to get out and about in Yuma. Definitely has some super steep trails. Learned to zig zag the trail or walk backwards to change up my muscles on the steepest part of the mountain climb. Thanks to the wonderful people on the trail. Especially for the encouragement! So appreciated

Good challenge for first timers! Decent altitude climb, particularly in later stages.

At about 700 feet elevation there’s a widening of the road and at that point you can get on a single track trail that will take you to the top so you don’t have to walk on the road. You would take the road down after taking the single track up.

It has a great view of Yuma...easy trails to follow...hike traffic slim, i saw about 10 people along the trail on a Saturday afternoon...overall a fun time with friends, family or by yourself:)

In town for a week found trail 1st day here and have done it every day. Great views and folks along the way

Easy going and good views! Dusty for your feet.

Easy trail and one of my favorites. I prefer to take the trail near the border patrol stop northeast to the dubbed 2nd parking lot. Then, hit the goat trail heading through a wash and it eventually meets back up on the paved road just south of the easily sidestepped locked gate. Then, the fun begins. Go all the way to the last Comm station at the very end (don't stop at the curve where the logbook is.)

Fantastic trail. If you’re really up for an adventure, hike the small mountain right in front of you when you park - it has a cross on top. It doesn’t lead anywhere but it’s a tough steep climb, much harder than he normal trail. Once you make you’re way back down then go ahead and hike the 5 miles to towers. At first, it’s an easy hike but as soon as you reach the entrance (just go around the security gate), it’s a tough steep climb to the top. Great views from top! After both climbs on both mountains, I would say this climb is moderate-hard just due to the steepness of the trail and climb! Make sure to pack lots of water and snacks as it may take longer than you think. Enjoy!

Really fun hike. You can choose a few different paths that all lead to the road that goes up to the peak. Bring water as the incline can get your cardio going fast. Very fun hike if the weather isn't blazing hot. Temperatures will drop soon and should be an even better time. If you want to see some scorpions take a blacklight and do this hike at night. Really neat stuff!

That up though... great hike!

Love hiking telegraph... never gets old and the view is awesome! :)

A good portion on the way up is a hike a bike. alot of fun coming down.

It's a great local hike!

I love this hike, I do it as often as possible

Love this trail and people that use it.

So my best friend told me about this mountain trail and I went to Yuma from South Texas to do this trail for my birthday. It was a great experience. My husband hiked it like nothing. It was a bit tougher for me, but I managed to get to the top. This mountain top has a great view. Happy Birthday to me!!!!!

It's a good workout

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Going to try to do this one every Sunday

Monday, April 17, 2017

great hike for the dogs

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Lots of people on this trail. Nice easy hike until you come to the steep climb. So you can decide how far you eat to go. We enjoyed the hike through the canyon and after the good cardio up the hill took the dirt road back. There was a port a potty and dumpster before the steep climb which was nice.