Teacup Trail to Coffeepot Rock

Teacup Trail to Coffeepot Rock is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sedona, Arizona that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

great view, excellent morning hike.

Gorgeous but not well marked.Bring a GPS or map.

Beautiful views! Hike itself was not too hard, but it was easy to get lost. Brought the whole fam, kids ages 10.11, 15. We had fun!

Beautiful hike and easy to get to from Sedona as it is in a neighborhood just 5 minutes from the main artery through town. We did Teatime to Coffeepot but also did the Sugarloaf loop and summit which was steep but not too strenuous and the 360 view from the top was amazing. Getting back down Sugarloaf and catching teatime and working our way up to Coffeepot was not too hard using this map but it is easy to get off path. Views of the surroundings are incredible. We did a picnic lunch on Coffeepot and then hiked back down pretty easily. Not a lot of shade so start early or on days not too hot

Great views - yet there are no markings or signs for the loop - use the gps on the app to monitor otherwise you will miss the loop.

Great little hike. I did with my two older parents and they like it. trail can be a bit confusing in spots because of other trails intersecting but it's also hard to get lost. Very small parking lot.

Excellent hike with kids. Our kids ages (15, 14, 9). Excellent views and scenery. We did this hike at 9:30am and brought plenty of water. Was a perfect hike for our kids ages. Remember to yell for the echo! That thought that was cool!

Could use trail markers. Very pretty though.

Kind of a boring hike at first- lots of views of the neighborhood below. However it gets better if you stick with it, and coming back, it was very a very pretty perspective. We did about 6.2 miles total round trip, but part of that was a continuation onto Soldier Pass Trail.

Trail can be muddy at times this part of the year, and lots of mountain bike traffic - not many other hikers past the main area.
Probably won’t do it again but it was beautiful and enjoyable this time!

Very scenic. Poorly poorly marked. We got so lost. Followed tea cup but ended up on soldiers pass. Walked to the closest trailhead. Then into a neighborhood where a nice couple gave us a ride back to our car. I have reviewed the map several times still not sure where we went wrong. The map shows this as a looped trail but it did not loop.

Loved this hike. Easy walk with spectacular views. No charge for parking . Starts in private neighborhood

The most beautiful view I have ever seen. It’s an easy hike but you cannot pass this one up! I had to stand there for 20 minutes to take in the beauty!

Went on this hike with my GF and our 15 month year old (she was on my back in an Osprey). It was a easy hike and we had a nice lunch on coffee pot. We took the side trip up to the top of sugarloaf. Highly recommended for a nice hike. The off the main trail part of the hike was easy to follow.

Loved this hike. I had my daughter on my back. Trail was easy to follow. We took the side track up sugarloaf summit. It’s worth the extra .5 miles.

Great trail for first timers like my wife and I. I hiked it 1 1/2 months after a complete left knee replacement operation. Gorgeous scenery !

So...I have mixed feelings about this hike. The trail is unmarked after you get off the tea cup trail. We got pretty lost and took a bunch of wrong turns. Luckily we could handle what was ahead but there were definitely a few moderate-hard areas. It was awesome anyway, but use caution if you are not experienced!

Good hike until a pack of havalina with young stared to cross trail. Bristles up, turned around. Havalina can get mean.

Beautiful hike. Lots of places to explore, too.

Teacup to Coffee Pot is a beautiful trail. Lots of scenic “over view” places. I would , however rate is as Moderate. There are a lot of areas in which you need to climb over rocky areas. Areas that the trail becomes pretty narrow. Where a novice hiker or perhaps a less agile hiker should be aware of. That being said, great hike.

Friday, June 16, 2017

Really neat hike, though its not really a trail after a certain point. When you veer left to leave Teacup, the trail is not really marked so the AllTrails app comes in handy.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

This hike is great if you have about 2 hours to spend tucked around other activities with your friends. Be sure to pause for a moment when you are behind Sugarloaf and listen to the sweet silence. Not bad for a trail so close to town! Hiking over the little hill toward Coffee Pot, the views are breathtaking. The trail is a bit hard to follow near the end with lots of little dead ends around. Following the app helps here. Overall it was perfect!

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Great mix of a little bit of climbing and some canyon hiking. Unbelievable views and backdrops, loved this trail for a quick go round!

Sunday, April 02, 2017

This trail was a bit boring for us at first. Thankfully we found an old riverbed off of the trail and we actually hiked that north towards the mountains (no idea what they're actually called in Sedona). The riverbed was awesome, only a gradual incline so it wasn't too intense but plenty of scenery. I'd come back here just to hike the riverbed again. Haha.

Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Meh. It was ok. The perk is that there went many people until we were leaving. Other than that it wasn't all that. Great view of the homes though.. ha

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Easy to hike with very nice scenery.

Saturday, January 07, 2017

Amazing scenery! I would say the trail is easy to moderate - some uphill and some scrambling over rocks. The part that skirts around coffee pot rock was beyond my comfort level so we doubled back from there and did the extra loop.

Monday, November 21, 2016

Nice little hike with fun off trail paths and great scenic spots and photo opportunities. Didn't have time to explore the three different trails because the rain came swooping in, but would definitely do it again.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Nice view............

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Made our way to sugar loaf summit with our three boys ages 11, 6, and 4. Made it up and back without any complaints and the view was beautiful!