Tanque Verde Ridge is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Vail, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and running.

Distance: 3.3 miles Elevation Gain: 925 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Great trail! Nice views!! Rocks were stable and it was easy to follow. Only thing I didn’t like was that the trail just randomly ends without a definitive stopping point. The trail continues, but this route was at the turnaround point. Hard for me to stop when I know I’m not at the end, but a 20 mile one way (where I’m assuming the trail continued on to) isn’t in my wheel house. Overall good time.

Loved getting up on the ridge where the views open up. Nice trail not too strenuous, narrow path, blooming cacti. Right at the beginning of the trail there is a cristate barrel cactus. Saw a GORGEOUS male eastern collared lizard, couldn't believe how magical & vibrant it was. Also saw a velvet ant. Follow my instagram for more adventures @julie_journeys

Great hike. Some wildflowers out. Good little workout but can be a little hard on the knees at times. Trekking poles were useful for much of the hike.

fee

If you paid the entrance fee, do yourself a favor and hike Hugh Norris in Saguaro NP West instead or in addition. A nice hike but not my favorite either. This would probably be better if you went all the way up to Manning Camp but that’s a big hike

Nice scenery, pretty good climb but not too hard. It doesn’t specify anywhere else but FYI, no dogs allowed.

Great hike with a nice elevation gain that will give you a good work out! Beutiful scenery with wild flowers and tons of Saguaros. Went past the 3.3 out and back route.

The wild flower game is STRONG today friends!!! What a beautiful little walk. So much diversity in the flora. I stopped counting new flowers as 15 and the cacti are amazing up here. Such a special little hike.

Nice early hike. When we started around 9am it was quiet. When we were getting back the trail got busier. Decent weather, recommend a hat and sunscreen.

Recommend hiking in farther than the app shows, about 2.7 miles to the saddle and turning around there instead. Both Tucson and Vail are visible, and with minimal shade this is best as a winter hike, or during cooler months. Our elevation gain ended up being 1,522, which was enough of a challenge. Look for cairns if you wonder where the trail went while you’re hiking on rock. Poles helped a lot on this trail.

We hiked the Tanque Verde Ridge Trail on Saturday, January 11th. It is a lovely moderate climbing trail with plenty of look out places to take a break and enjoy the incredible views. There was an enjoyable amount of people, some but not too many. We hiked for about an hour and a half up (55 year old semi fit lady time). We never saw any mile markers, so I don't know how far In miles we actually hiked. Near our turn around point, we were pleasantly surprised to see a doe and her baby grazing off the side of the trail. I would definitely recommend this trail in cooler months or early morning hours as there isn't much shade. This trail is a great place to get outside, take deep breaths, and enjoy creation.

Beautiful views from the ridge and multiple spots along the way. Several spots provided pristine overlooks to see the valley and once you get to the top of the ridge it’s really something else. Just got back from a trip here, this was the longest trek we did. Quite a bit of birds and other wildlife in the area, but be prepared for Moutain Lions. We didn’t see any but saw some suspicious animal droppings and thought we could smell animal urine. Fairly well travelled but it didn’t feel too crowded. Beautiful Saguaros and various other species coming up from the rocks. If you’re looking for something more timid I’d stick to the west side of the Saguaro National park.

5 mile trip.

Wonderful desert plants - lots of diversity. Great views. Snow on Mt Lemon today. Nice up and down.

Lovely views with unique indigenous plants pointed out by our hotel hiking guide who was very knowledgeable. Worth the visit to this lesser known national park especially if you are in the tuscon area

Early start, overcast, was a great morning to be on this trail in the summer. A two rattlesnake hike. You can go a long way on this trail, but turned around at 4 miles because it was heating up.

The views on this trail did not disappoint! I was expecting the hike to be more difficult due to the moderate rating. We were easily able to hike with a one-year-old in tow; she even did some hiking too. Easily one of my favorite hikes.

I thought this trail was mild to moderate just a lot of elevation but beautiful sightseeing. got to see snakes birds deer and all kinds of bugs

Tue Dec 18 2018

Fri Aug 10 2018

It's a very long trail along the ridge. You can continue to hike after the end of this trail. I hiked for 3 miles and went back. A good place to see the saguaros.

Sun Jan 07 2018

I hiked up to about 4500ft. Vistas are incredible. You’ll hike over solid rock faces and through grass as the sounds of the city fade and the view just gets better and better. Give yourself enough time to hike passed the 3.3 mile mark, it’s worth it.