Tanque Verde Falls Viewpoint

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(23)
Saguaro National Park

Tanque Verde Falls Viewpoint is a 0.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 0.7 miles Elevation Gain: 203 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Mon May 27 2019

Great hike have to have Budweiser and Bud Light

Sat Mar 09 2019

I would say this trail is not even on the trail. You wander through the desert basically! Trying to find areas to pass through. I had the app open the whole time tried to stay along what was supposed to be the trail, but it’s very overgrown, if it is indeed a trail.

Mon Dec 31 2018

I loved this hike

Thu Aug 09 2018

It was a good hike. Make sure you bring some sort of hat for all the wasps. I carry our 10 month old in a deuter, trekking poles were a must for keeping balance while clambering over all the rocks. Happy Hiking!

Wed Mar 22 2017

I have lived in Tucson for almost 40 years. I have always heard that Tanque Verde Falls were beautiful, but never took the time to see for myself. The pictures I have seen do not do it justice. My teenage son goes there frequently to cliff jump into some of the swollen pools, but I went for the beauty. you definitely need to be careful in the upper falls area, and I can see why so many people have fallen to injury or death there. in the future, I am certainly going to explore this area more, but I am going to wear better shoes.

Fri Feb 24 2017

There actually is a well worn trail from this parking area down to the creek, but I always bushwhack down this pitch to get to a nice level spot where you can sit and see all the upper falls, and you are right above the lower falls. 99% of people are taking the main trail down to the creek, and I have never seen anyone else at this spot. But it is the best place to see the falls from above. Great for photos. I have dropped down from the road to this place many times.

recorded Tanque Verde Falls Viewpoint