Tanque Verde Falls Viewpoint

Tanque Verde Falls Viewpoint is a 0.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tanque Verde, Arizona that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

I have lived in Tucson for almost 40 years. I have always heard that Tanque Verde Falls were beautiful, but never took the time to see for myself. The pictures I have seen do not do it justice. My teenage son goes there frequently to cliff jump into some of the swollen pools, but I went for the beauty. you definitely need to be careful in the upper falls area, and I can see why so many people have fallen to injury or death there. in the future, I am certainly going to explore this area more, but I am going to wear better shoes.

There actually is a well worn trail from this parking area down to the creek, but I always bushwhack down this pitch to get to a nice level spot where you can sit and see all the upper falls, and you are right above the lower falls. 99% of people are taking the main trail down to the creek, and I have never seen anyone else at this spot. But it is the best place to see the falls from above. Great for photos. I have dropped down from the road to this place many times.