Tanque Verde Falls Trail

Tanque Verde Falls Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Fantastic hike! It's not easy but it's not difficult. Pretty tiring hike all the way to the big falls (3rd waterfall). We went at 8am and it was a lovely hike, saw very few people. It's an amazing reward to get to the big falls and swim.

Once you get to the second falls you can either climb up slippery rock (be very careful) or take almost a horse shoe pathway (pretty steep) to the falls that will add a few minutes to the falls but is a lot safer than the slippery free hand climb.

Please note my wife and I did this as complete beginners and we did just fine. Bring plenty of water and be careful!

Closed July 4. Can't get to it. Road closed due fires.

Beautiful views. Get there early, we got there at about 5 am. There is no water right now. Good hike for beginners

Great directions! Great short hike. Early start recommended if you are going in the summer time, it was about 95 degrees we we went after noon. Saw standing pools of water at the bottom but no waterfall. Perhaps we didn't go far enough. I forgot to turn on the feature to track the hike. I would try it again if I was in the area.

Great with kids and dogs, lots of boulders to climb, even better experience if you wear water shoes! We went in March and there was still water flowing then.

super short, well marked trail. if the water was flowing more I'm sure it would be gorgeous! small dog was able to hike no problem!

nice trail. beautiful scenery. too difficult with dog. couldn't make it to the falls with her and three kids bit got close.