Sycamore Rim Trail

Sycamore Rim Trail is a 11.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Williams, Arizona that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Beautiful sights to see, however not recommended to do in the winter or after it rains/snows. It can be incredibly muddy or the trail can be flooded. Make sure to give yourself plenty of time as it is a long trail and, although it is not very steep, it can be difficult to navigate. The last mile or two of the trail is difficult to find, pay attention to the cairns. The waterfalls and scenery are breathtaking.

Snowy, icy, muddy, flooded...it was grueling today. Wait a month or two for better conditions.

Husband and I decided to give this hike a go in the snow since 70% of it is pretty flat. We’ve hiked this trail together two other times and this time was after a recent snow. Lots of ice under the snow-I slipped and “gracefully” fell once and he also took a couple slips. Lots of muddy rocky areas so our shoes got wetter than we were hoping. This took a couple hours longer than usual for us. We know the terrain and trail super well, so that’s saying a lot regarding the difficulty today. It was also clear that we were the ONLY people hiking this trail recently in the snow since no other tracks were seen at all. If you haven’t hiked this trail before, then it’s highly suggested you download the trail before attempting in the snow. The trail was hard to see or find at times. Luckily we remembered most direction of the trail from memory. Dressed in several layers, thermal hiking/Omni heat pants and used toe warmers on the socks so we stayed pretty warm.

Great trail for almost any skill level, only one real uphill section pretty level otherwise. nice relaxing hike with plenty of scenery. Very easy trail to follow, I never needed my maps, plenty of cairns.

Amazing scenery! We were lucky with weather but unfortunately the falls were dry. Still worth the hike u won’t be disappointed. We had our Goldendoodle and she loved it too

fantastic

We did the full 11 mike loop. Gorgeous and easy to follow the trail. So many mosquitos! TONS. I’ll be back when there are no mosquitos! Hike wasn’t too hard. We hiked it clockwise ...about 5.5hrs with breaks

Took my dog here and overall it was a nice hike with plenty to see, we got to about the 7 mike mark after Sycamore Falls and got lost. The trail was clearly marked and I think because of the excess of water (due to rain) we got turned around. Luckily the road was only about 2 miles from us so we found our way back

Awesome! Falls were dry but it was still beautiful and fun. :) The Pomeroy Tanks were gorgeous, walk further back to see water lilies and frogs.

Pretty strenuous hike and my husband and I are pretty avid hikers. Falls were dry which didn’t make the 11.5 mile hike worth it.

Realy nice place
But i was lost on trail
I think you have to gate a gps to do it

Me and a friend finished this trail in 5 hours and some few minutes **brushes shoulder off ** which includes getting lost on a few falsely appearing right paths that actually ended up leading to nothing and having to turn back. I ended up at 12 miles total. When hitting double tanks, we saw an interesting character who asked us if we saw the big waterfall and we hadn’t reach that point, so she led us clear across the forest off path straight to sycamore falls (we were convinced she was some forest dweller or extraterrestrial) however she took us to sycamore falls and then she disappeared. We could have easily missed the falls because it’s not actually a destination on this trail; one must cross over a rocky river bed to sycamore falls trail and take the trail to the tank so plan your visit accordingly. Thank you forest lady!

I must say whoever the younin’ is that threw the soccer ball into the tank at sycamore falls...why bro!!!!???? I also recon to download the trail so ya don’t get lost; I downloaded it and still got lost. The water was frozen and started to melt and it was so beautiful. The forest..beautiful. The rocks...beautiful. Loved the part where the trail follows into pomeroy tanks. Didn’t see Bigfoot like I had hoped but I was overly satisfied with this trail and can’t wait to go back.

Friday, December 01, 2017

Did this hike in November and I may have missed the fall colors but the temperature was perfect and the hike was still amazing.

Sunday, November 26, 2017

One of the best best hikes I’ve done in the state. The whole trial took me 5.5 hours. I spent a lot of time at the Vista overlook. It’s a very flat hike for most of the time. Very easy overall. I only lost the trail at the very end of trail after KA Hill. But it was easy to find again. Make sure and do the loop clockwise. The trailhead directions on this app were Vital.

Saturday, October 21, 2017

A few sections are tricky. The trail can sometimes be hard to find, and it’s very rocky. Still, the view is absolutely worth it, though you may just want to take the Vista Point trail to quickly reach it.

Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Beautiful trail, lots of wildlife. As with other reviews, I lost the trail in a few spots in the last 2 miles and had to backtrack. The trail area near the tanks has a number of different offshoots. If you find yourself thinking you have to climb a rock wall, backtrack a little to look for the trail out. I showed 13.6 miles on my fitbit. Although the trail is relatively flat, the last part of the trail is uphill. Remember the sunscreen, as a good part of it is open to intense sun on the rim.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Not a terribly hard hike. Good view from multiple locations on the hike.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Falls were dried up

Thursday, April 27, 2017

I'm going to be honest I was disappointed in this trail. The waterfall wasn't flowing and the pools were ok to look at. The Canyon is nice scenery but we were expecting more. Not much to see for most of the hike. The trail is very flat and hard to follow. Look for the rock piles! We did the whole loop and it was probably about 13.5-14 miles and took us about 7 hours (we stopped and ate lunch).

Friday, April 14, 2017

Trail is nice.. easy to follow.. not much to see.. can run the whole thing.. I got a total of 19km (11.8miles)

Monday, April 10, 2017

nice variation of sites

Sunday, April 09, 2017

This trail is great for running since it is mostly level. Lots of smaller turn-off trails to get to view points could get you off track. If you stop seeing cairns you should retrace your steps to find it again. The weather was variable in early spring. Snow drizzle in the morning turned into sunshine with clouds in the afternoon. It made for a fun and beautiful adventure.

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

This trail is awesome. It's one of my biggest pet peeves when people rate this low because of the bugs, or getting dirty or wet. like your Hiking, what do you expect? yes you have to cross streams during monsoon season, yes it's heavily forested, yes, there are some deforestation which is a shame. but people are taking away what the natural beauty of this place has to offer.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Beautiful sights to see, however not recommended to do in the winter or after it rains/snows. It was incredibly muddy and the trail was flooded. We ended up having to cross a lot of streams/rivers and makeshift some bridges to get across and stay on the trail, but it may have just been flooded from all the snow melting and it raining before we went. Make sure to give yourself plenty of time as it is a long trail. The last mile or two of the trail is difficult to find, which we ended up getting slightly lost in the dark and had to truck through some logging land (also very muddy).

However, the waterfalls and scenery was breathtaking and I'd absolutely go again in the dryer months. Definitely recommend going.

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

The loop trail is actually 13 miles from my recording.
A lot of deforestation near the KA Hill. So it is hard to find the trail unless you use All Trails App and follow others recordings to get through that part of the trail.
Once you get to the KA Hill. You get an excellent view of Mt. Humphreys Mountain.
After that hiking to the south side of trail where Sycamore Vista is at. The view is absolutely beautiful.

Monday, November 07, 2016

although rim walk and natural tanks and falls are nice on S side of trail, much of the rest is walking in monotonous third cut forest . warning: near kv hill you lose the trail due to bulldozing work, annoying!!

Friday, October 14, 2016

Hiked from Pomeroy Tanks to Sycamore Vista and back. Views at the falls were beautiful. The trail itself is pretty easy, however it does become hard to find in a few areas. Look for stacked rock piles and trail markers on the trees to find the way. Roads to the trailhead(s) are well maintained and marked.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Very nice hike - as others have mentioned, plenty of things to see and enjoy. Note: The Overland Trail is not as well marked as other foot trails I have hiked.

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

This hike was incredibly easy with lots of sites to see and many beautiful areas to take pictures at. Along the waterfall I've seen many people scale the walls and now I think I'd really like to try rock climbing my next trip up there.
It has perfect hiking weather do to the elevation which makes it 10x nicer in such a hot summer!

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Easy hike with gorgeous views

Sunday, April 17, 2016

It was a pretty decent hike. Easy for us to complete. We had to hurry because of looming weather, overall though I enjoyed the scenery and of course the pleasant weather of Williams Arizona.