Sycamore Rim Trail

Sycamore Rim Trail is a 15 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Williams, Arizona that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Beautiful sights to see, however not recommended to do in the winter or after it rains/snows. It can be incredibly muddy or the trail can be flooded. Make sure to give yourself plenty of time as it is a long trail and, although it is not very steep, it can be difficult to navigate. The last mile or two of the trail is difficult to find, pay attention to the cairns. The waterfalls and scenery are breathtaking.

Falls were dried up

I'm going to be honest I was disappointed in this trail. The waterfall wasn't flowing and the pools were ok to look at. The Canyon is nice scenery but we were expecting more. Not much to see for most of the hike. The trail is very flat and hard to follow. Look for the rock piles! We did the whole loop and it was probably about 13.5-14 miles and took us about 7 hours (we stopped and ate lunch).

Trail is nice.. easy to follow.. not much to see.. can run the whole thing.. I got a total of 19km (11.8miles)

nice variation of sites

This trail is great for running since it is mostly level. Lots of smaller turn-off trails to get to view points could get you off track. If you stop seeing cairns you should retrace your steps to find it again. The weather was variable in early spring. Snow drizzle in the morning turned into sunshine with clouds in the afternoon. It made for a fun and beautiful adventure.

This trail is awesome. It's one of my biggest pet peeves when people rate this low because of the bugs, or getting dirty or wet. like your Hiking, what do you expect? yes you have to cross streams during monsoon season, yes it's heavily forested, yes, there are some deforestation which is a shame. but people are taking away what the natural beauty of this place has to offer.

Beautiful sights to see, however not recommended to do in the winter or after it rains/snows. It was incredibly muddy and the trail was flooded. We ended up having to cross a lot of streams/rivers and makeshift some bridges to get across and stay on the trail, but it may have just been flooded from all the snow melting and it raining before we went. Make sure to give yourself plenty of time as it is a long trail. The last mile or two of the trail is difficult to find, which we ended up getting slightly lost in the dark and had to truck through some logging land (also very muddy).

However, the waterfalls and scenery was breathtaking and I'd absolutely go again in the dryer months. Definitely recommend going.

The loop trail is actually 13 miles from my recording.
A lot of deforestation near the KA Hill. So it is hard to find the trail unless you use All Trails App and follow others recordings to get through that part of the trail.
Once you get to the KA Hill. You get an excellent view of Mt. Humphreys Mountain.
After that hiking to the south side of trail where Sycamore Vista is at. The view is absolutely beautiful.

although rim walk and natural tanks and falls are nice on S side of trail, much of the rest is walking in monotonous third cut forest . warning: near kv hill you lose the trail due to bulldozing work, annoying!!

Hiked from Pomeroy Tanks to Sycamore Vista and back. Views at the falls were beautiful. The trail itself is pretty easy, however it does become hard to find in a few areas. Look for stacked rock piles and trail markers on the trees to find the way. Roads to the trailhead(s) are well maintained and marked.

Very nice hike - as others have mentioned, plenty of things to see and enjoy. Note: The Overland Trail is not as well marked as other foot trails I have hiked.

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

This hike was incredibly easy with lots of sites to see and many beautiful areas to take pictures at. Along the waterfall I've seen many people scale the walls and now I think I'd really like to try rock climbing my next trip up there.
It has perfect hiking weather do to the elevation which makes it 10x nicer in such a hot summer!

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Easy hike with gorgeous views

Sunday, April 17, 2016

It was a pretty decent hike. Easy for us to complete. We had to hurry because of looming weather, overall though I enjoyed the scenery and of course the pleasant weather of Williams Arizona.