Sweetwater Trail

Sweetwater Trail is a 9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from October until March.

2007 feet

From I-10, exit Camino del Cerro / Ruthrauff head west on El Camino del Cerro past Silverbell for 2.8 miles to Tortolita Rd. Turn left (south) on Tortolita and drive until it comes to a dead-end. There is a dirt parking lot through a gate on the right. The TH is at the end of the parking lot on the right. If coming from Silverbell, turn West on Camino del Cerro (between Grant and Ina) to Tortolita Rd.

Desperado loop is a fun little ride.

A fairly easy stroll through the desert with great scenery.

I'm new to Tucson and new to hiking.... I didn't complete this trail (when I hiked it late November) because as I got into the shady hills it was pretty chilly. I will say that although there's an incline of 2000 ft, it really doesn't feel too crazy. It's a very gradual incline. I cannot wait to hike this again, I stopped a lot to turn around and vocally said "wow" multiple times haha. But beware of rocks, when you go down, it's a little hard not to fall if you like going fast. I definitely recommend this trail!

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Friday, November 18, 2016

Beautiful and easy

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Friday, September 09, 2016

This is an absolutely gorgeous trail, while not overly challenging, it has great and varied scenery.
This is a really nice hike. From the start my plan was to take it all the way to the summit of Wasson, and I am glad I did. It adds up to a extra couple of hours, but it is well worth it if you are desirous of a more vigorous workout. The views from the saddle at the end of Sweetwater, and again from the top of Wasson are magnificent. There is also the satisfaction of achieving the highest point in the Tucson Mountains. I highly recommend this trek.

Sunday, May 15, 2016