Sweetwater Trail

Sweetwater Trail is a 9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from October until March.

2007 feet

From I-10, exit Camino del Cerro / Ruthrauff head west on El Camino del Cerro past Silverbell for 2.8 miles to Tortolita Rd. Turn left (south) on Tortolita and drive until it comes to a dead-end. There is a dirt parking lot through a gate on the right. The TH is at the end of the parking lot on the right. If coming from Silverbell, turn West on Camino del Cerro (between Grant and Ina) to Tortolita Rd.

Really disappointed. I left my dog at home because the app stated “no dogs”

There are dogs all over this trail! It’s a lovely hike and he would have loved it. Please update that!

Desperado loop is a fun little ride.

Sunday, December 04, 2016

A fairly easy stroll through the desert with great scenery.

Saturday, December 03, 2016

I'm new to Tucson and new to hiking.... I didn't complete this trail (when I hiked it late November) because as I got into the shady hills it was pretty chilly. I will say that although there's an incline of 2000 ft, it really doesn't feel too crazy. It's a very gradual incline. I cannot wait to hike this again, I stopped a lot to turn around and vocally said "wow" multiple times haha. But beware of rocks, when you go down, it's a little hard not to fall if you like going fast. I definitely recommend this trail!

Tuesday, November 29, 2016