Sunrise Peak via Sunrise Trail

Sunrise Peak via Sunrise Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Scottsdale, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful hike just outside of Phoenix! We went in march and the weather was perfect. I wouldn't attempt it in the summer, but during the spring there is wildlife and lots of blooming wildflowers! If you make it all the way to the peak, the views are astounding. It's a pretty easy hike for an avid hiker, but the last 1/4 mile will get your heart rate up!! We did this hike around 9am on a Sunday and it was Not too crowded. It's a great alternative to the craziness of camelback!

This hike is a hidden treasure! The trails are very nice with a lot less loose rock and gravel than a lot of other valley hikes.

There are huge saguaros and great views along most of the path.

It is a steady incline but not too steep considering the amount of elevation gain you make.

It connects to other trails near the peak making it easy to add length to your adventure.

This is the type of hike I would bring out of town visitors on.

Beautiful hike. Flowers everywhere. Quiet. Not crowded.

Nice trail and great views. Saguaro's are awesome.

great moderate hike!! trail was well marked and not overly crowded.

Beautiful view at the top

By far the best hike I've done in the Scottsdale area so far! It's pretty quiet because the trail hides you from most of the city noises and sights. The trail is very well-kept and there are a ton of beautiful wildflowers and cactus, it almost felt like I was walking through a garden. I went around 7 am and only saw a few people on my way up, and once I got to the top, I was the only one up there. Super pretty views the whole way, definitely would do it again. I would suggest going all the way to the top of the peak and not stopping at the scenic view area, the spur is not too difficult to climb and the view from the top is 360° and well worth it!

Incredible hike, last 1/4 mile raised my heartrate up a bit :)

This trail is a great workout. It has some steep switchbacks and a lot of cool rock formations. The last half mile is definitely the hardest and the trail gets quite narrow. I'm slightly overweight and was huffing and puffing this trail out, but it's doable with some short rests. It took me about an hour and a half to reach the top.