Starr Pass Trail

Starr Pass Trail is a 9.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

rails trails

A network of trails on the east side of Tucson Mountain Park with trailheads at the end of Clearwell Rd., the end of 36th Street, and near the JW Marriott Resort, among others. Trail network can also be linked to Tucson Mountain Park West.

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! A different beauty from any other park we have ever visited! My husband & I have enjoyed this hike in February...though it is 50 degrees, the sun warmed us up quickly. The desert color has been spectacular and the ridge trail that this trail leads you to (Lorraine Lee Trail) is a MUST SEE and DO NOT forget your GOOD CAMERA! I did it twice this weekend!

My 65 year old mom and I went on the star pass resort loop which is right in the area where the starpass trailhead is, and is clearly marked where to go. My mom is not into hiking and did not want to go more than 2 miles. This was 1.1 miles and had mild-moderate challenges and a gradual incline. It was a good workout for her and an easy one for me. The scenery was lush and untouched, away from city noise yet was not far to drive there and had a beautifully paved parking lot with a map. She’d love to go again and bring friends.

Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Great with diff levels, some flat and some up and down. Diversity

Sunday, April 30, 2017

anyone else see the buried car or was that just a figment of my imagination?

Sunday, January 08, 2017

Wayde and I did this on a Sunday afternoon. Beautiful hike and Wayde wants to try his mountain bike here. It's a little too technical for me, though!

Thursday, January 05, 2017

very much enjoyed the scenery but finding our way was a challenge...trail is not marked.
the trail is rocky but I expected that so wearing good footwear is a MUST.

Saturday, September 03, 2016

Great trail. Caught it right at sunrise. Nice views.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Easy trail, however I didn't finish the entire hike. Trail is designed more for "everyday use", inner city kind-of trail rather than for scenery or for challenge. It is very rocky. I can't imagine hiking this trail in Nike free runs or anything like that, so wear appropriate hiking boots. There are lots of forks along the way, so remember your tracks. And NO dogs allowed on trail!

Sunday, December 20, 2015

note to self: what "moderately difficult" means in Houston Texas don't mean the same thing as in the mountains outside of Tucson... least as far as trail ratings go. I enjoyed this trail but it is rocky as hell and my mid-grade specialized bike had a lot of difficulty making it up the hills. I give it 4 stars but be prepared.

Friday, August 22, 2014

Addition to my review from 5 days ago: added a track dated 8/22/2014. Turns out it's more like 3.1 miles. The last leg passes below the Tucson city reservoir, and there is amazing vegetation there from the trickling water.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Very nice, scenic trail close to the Starr Pass neighborhood and 10 minutes from downlown Tucson. We made a shorter 2.5 mile loop by taking the Starr Pass trailhead off Clearwell road down .4 mile to the Rock Wren trail. One mile down this trail, it connects with the Yetman trail both left and right. But a sharp right takes you on an unnamed trail back to the trailhead parking lot.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

It was a really long time ago that I hiked it. but I remember it being a nice hike, watched the sunset at the top.

Sunday, April 02, 2017