Spook Mountain

Spook Mountain is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mesa, Arizona that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great for a quick hike but very steep and rocky at first. Took my 10 and 8 year old and GSD; everyone made it fine but there was a little bit of complaining about the steepness. We like longer, smooth trails. Oh and we didn’t see a river, but I guess could’ve missed it. This little mountain does have beautiful views at the top though. Just with all the other trails avail, we may not be back too soon. ;)
As we were driving out it looked like there could have been another trail around the other side of the mountain, maybe not quite as steep. I guess we’ll have to check it out if we make it back there sometime or maybe look at the map a little closer. LOL!

Jump right in and start walking UP.

Quick, easy hike. Great for kids and pups. My kids have been doing this hike since they were in diapers. Also great for trail running.

fun to go up and back a few times

Very easy trail for someone short on time.

Sunday, June 19, 2016