Spook Mountain

Spook Mountain is a 0.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mesa, Arizona that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is not Spook Hill. This used to be the microwave tower, which they moved close to the shooting range. This hill has no name. Spook Hill is 1 mile Northwest of this.

Otherwise it's a small little trail. Nice Vista and a great spot to watch fireworks on 7/4.

Quick, easy hike. Great for kids, or for people wanting to take it easy.

I do this hike very often with my kiddos! The incline on the first half is a bit more then the second part. Nice view I tend to do it a few times also nice area up top to workout

Fun for beginners. Short hike, but decent elevation and easy to get to. Nice views from the top.

Perfect hike for a quick and easy, 360 degree view sunrise/sunset!

Great little hike in the middle of Mesa!
I’m not a very experienced hiker, but the only things that I didn’t like was the gravel/loose rocks/stones going back down. First part was a bit steep...unless you were any one of the kids scrambling up it. Fantastic 360o views!

Hiked with my 1 1/2 year old and 7 year old. Quick and easy hike. Beautiful view of surrounding mountains past the rooftops. Watch out for the dog crap scattered about—please bring bags if you bring your dogs!

Great for introducing kiddos to hiking and the outdoors...

This is a perfect hike for beginners and anyone with kids. It's quick and easy

It was pretty steep but nice at the top

Great, easy and quick trail. Good for dogs and small children. Nice view of the valley at the top.

we enjoyed it and so did our 3 dogs!

Pretty easy hike. Not stroller friendly. Paths are clear but pretty washed out, so you have to watch your stepping.

Easy trail, kind of steep and rocky terrain at first but overall a nice little hike.

Really short hike! I clocked it at a little less than a mile total. Steep on the way up and a nice little view at the top. Super rocky but pretty easy! Watch your step, lots and lots of dog crap everywhere.

Loved it! Will definitely return!

fairly easy.

Great trail run. Ran it three times in just under 60 minutes

Good for a quick cardio session if time is short and you want to get ur hr up quickly.

i love this little hike! its short but steep at parts and amazing views

There is no River. Good and easy hike though for both dogs and people. Rocky the further you go up!

nice quick hike with great views of valley sunset.

spooky

Great, quick hike. The first 1/3 of the hike is pretty steep! Big path so greats for dogs! Easy enough to do at night too! (Only about a mile long... this map shows the hiker going all the way up, then down to halfway point, then back up again)

Great little quick hike. Easy to get to, nice wide trails for dogs, and a good view from the top. Perfect for the times you feel like a hike, but don't have a bunch of time.

Great for a quick hike but very steep and rocky at first. Took my 10 and 8 year old and GSD; everyone made it fine but there was a little bit of complaining about the steepness. We like longer, smooth trails. Oh and we didn’t see a river, but I guess could’ve missed it. This little mountain does have beautiful views at the top though. Just with all the other trails avail, we may not be back too soon. ;)
As we were driving out it looked like there could have been another trail around the other side of the mountain, maybe not quite as steep. I guess we’ll have to check it out if we make it back there sometime or maybe look at the map a little closer. LOL!

Jump right in and start walking UP.

Quick, easy hike. Great for kids and pups. My kids have been doing this hike since they were in diapers. Also great for trail running.

fun to go up and back a few times