Spine Trail Loop is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Casa Grande, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.2 miles Elevation Gain: 321 feet Route Type: Loop

Jumping cactus

Great trail! We are novice hikers in this area. I would have had my daughter wear better shoes and not taken our 20lb dog. He got a lot of debris in his fur. Short hair dogs would be fine. We climbed on an 80 degree morning so the lack of shade was ok. Just be prepared with water. Everyone had fun! My girls are 12 and 9 years old and enjoyed it with my Hubby and I.

Nice easy hike, kinda rocky but not too bad. We enjoyed the hike.

This was a fairly easy hike but note no shade so come prepared! We had our dog and he did well on this trail. It’s not well marked so appreciated the All Trails app to help us navigate which path to take.

Very rubbly and extremely easy to get lost. Signage is either non existent or hard to decipher. Nice scenery.

Nice easy hike thru the desert. climbing up to the ridge made this better and there is actually a ridge hike that would be better.

This was an easy hike however we only walked 1 mile in and turned around as we were limited to time. We had out of state guests and they loved the views and cacti. It was clean and we only saw a few people. Our kids are 10y, 7y, 7y, 4y and all enjoyed.

Fantastic hike up to the Corona Satellite Calibration Marker. This is a very intense hike. Loose rock and steep inclines. Good Shoes are required

This was a bit hard for my wife.. Very enjoyable overall

Short Loop Trail

Fri Apr 19 2019

This is not an easy trail for mt biking. It is narrow with plenty of cactus to catch on your legs and shoes. Also, there are multiple, large areas with double fist size rocks to navigate some of which are loose and some of which are imbedded in the ground with sharp edges pocking up several inches.

Tue Jan 29 2019

I would recommend this trail to anyone looking for a fun hike. It has nice views and lots of cholla cactus. It has some incline but not a lot. The problems about this trail were there was a lot of broken glass and it was by the highway.

Sun Jan 27 2019

I would recommend this trail to anyone looking for a fun hike. It has lots of cholla cactus and interesting rocks. It had some incline but not much. The downsides of this hike were it was right next to the highway and there was broken glass. It was a okay hike.

Sat Jan 26 2019

Easy hike, clean, no broken glass as was reported in other reviews. There is signage but you need to be paying attention. Take a picture of the map before leaving. No way to get lost really. A nice local trail. Saw a big jackrabbit.

Mon Jan 21 2019

Loved the hike, but needed more signage. More than one Y in trail with nothing telling you which way to go to stay on course. Still got to where we were going.

Mon Dec 31 2018

So much broken glass everywhere, we got about 2000 feet and turned around and left. what a dump!

Mon Nov 26 2018

This is a great hike to see Saguaro's and other cacti. There is far less brush than Saguaro National Monument, which allows closer approaches to the cacti and better picture taking.

Sun Apr 01 2018

Great trail close to Arizona City.

Mon Jan 29 2018

I took my 6 year old son on this loop for his first hike, and he did great! He asked if we could do it every day! It was just enough elevation that he felt like he climbed a mountain, but not so much cardio to make it too hard for either of us. The full loop includes lower spine trail and Ridge Trail. Signs were a little confusing at points and we took wrong turns twice. Glad we had the gps and map in here to steer us back. I think we will try a moderate trail next time.

Fri Jun 09 2017

Great trails for kids!

Wed Mar 01 2017

Great trail and in a week the desert will be in bloom.

Sat Dec 31 2016

#Hike2 a quick trip down to Spine Trail in Casa Grande (brought to you by GT Drywall Inc). Great easy hike. The barrage of gunfire on the other side of the mountain is a little unnerving... but an excellent mid-morning hike. #52HikeChallenge #52HikeChallenge2017

Awesome, gonna hit that radio tower next!

Mon Feb 01 2016