Spillway Trail

Spillway Trail is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mesa, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from October until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The Spillway Trail is 1.2 mile out and back trail for a total 2.4 miles. At the trailhead stay to the right. It connects with several trails that will take you to the western part of Usery Mountain Park. At the northern most point, it connects near the Cat Peaks trail.

Really easy, really hot, and really fun! When I picked up a rock though a cholla baby got stuck in my hand. Painful.

Close enough to take the dogs for a morning walk. Great trail for them. Mostly soft ground but a few cholla barbs along the way. Full sun exposure so prepare accordingly.

A nice and easy trail with wonderful plants and a lot of wildlife. We took our dogs and our senior dog had no problems.
The only advice I can give is that especially this time of the year there are a lot of cholla babies laying on the trail. I am now the proud owner of a cactus spine so deep in my foot it shall remain there forever, and we picked several cholla babies off the leg of our small dog. So be careful and watch your steps.

Didn't hike the whole trail, just used this trail to intercept another trail, desert the whole way.

the slimmest was mostly wash and not great for bike but it crosses a lot of fun trails at end. can get to them from usery pass off Ellsworth.

Did this sort a flat and soft trail at the end of March. lots o flowering cactus,lizards. Was easy and would be. good hot summer hike!...after or during rainfall would be great too.