South Mountain Trails (Desert Classic Trail)

South Mountain Trails (Desert Classic Trail) is a 5.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

really nice trail...
just dont do it in summer...
lol

Nice in-town trail, very crowded. Would be great for trail running or walking a dog.

As for my first hike in foir years it was challenging. The trails are well maintained and the inclines are challenging for new hikers.

Great hike, definitely a workout 

Great hike. Many connecting paths and intersections that allow you to moderate the difficulty.

We did run into a rattler by the power line at night. Make sure to remember the difference between the buzz of the lines and the sound of the snake!

This was a great trail. It wasn't too hard and wasn't too easy

Not hard

good running trail.

Good run.

Nice hike,,, will come again

Very nice! A lot of variety of trails!!!! A lot of people, but so many different trails to take if you choose to get away from traffic. Lovely views!

It was fun. My first hike in a year by myself and I enjoyed every second !

I would say easy to moderate. More easy, less moderate. If you start on Central ave, it starts off steep but eventually flattens out after about a mile. Starting on 48th street is much easier.

nice views. pretty easy.

Beautiful views!!! Awesome trails!!!

I liked it

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Great trails for beginners and kids, with a few moderate trails for those looking for a little challenge. I explored this trail to scout it out b4 bringing my wife and kids. Great north and west facing city views with downtown phoenix seemingly at your feet.
As a parent, im always looking for trails like these that my 5yr old can enjoy without getting too gassed, and one that i can comfortably backpack my 1yr old without too much stress on dear old dad. My family and i are planning to go back next weekend to enjoy some of the easier trails together

Saturday, January 14, 2017

when there aren't a ton of people it's a super enjoyable hike.
once you get about a mile in, at certain points, you feel like you're not close to a city. it's wonderful.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Fabulous hiking and breathtaking views!

Monday, January 09, 2017

Great place to hike! So many trails for all skill levels.