South Kaibab Trail to Skeleton Point

South Kaibab Trail to Skeleton Point is a 5.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Grand Canyon, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and horses. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Went in August, which was HOT. It was so easy going down, but harder to get back up. Give yourself lots of time to ascend and bring more water then you think you need. I also brought lots of bite sized snacks as I burned a lot of energy going back up and had to take more breaks than I thought.

I hiked the South Kaibab Trail down to Skeleton point (and back) for my first Grand Canyon experience. It was a pretty nice workout. I carried a lot of water and snacks. The views from this trail are amazing. For a day hike, this is a little strenuous but the sights to be seen are phenomenal. The feeling, when you first catch a glimpse of the Colorado River from Skeleton point is just awesome. I would recommend having a hiking pole and having good shoes. I did the mistake of using my normal running shoes and found it a little slippery while going down.

Wow!!! Hands down the best trail I have done in my life. As written everywhere, bring plenty of water and salty food supplies to keep hydrated. I have vertigo but I got through all the cliffs with no problem, really enjoyed the amazing views.

Wonderful hike with my wife. Took us longer than expected but we stopped to take a lot of photos and eat lunch!

Great hike, nice views all the way down to skeleton point. Out and back took us about 3.5-4 hours but we stopped for photos and lunch.

Amazing views around each bend!

Great trail, not too tough. Considering the length and elevation change, it really didn't seem that hard. We were on the trail by 8:00 and back up by noon. On the way back, the trail was getting pretty busy so starting early is a must if you want some space at the overlooks. Be sure to bring plenty of water.