South Kaibab Trail to Skeleton Point

South Kaibab Trail to Skeleton Point is a 5.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Grand Canyon, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and horses. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Incredible! Hiked a little further down to Tip Off. Nice hike for an out and back in a day. Make sure you bring enough water - we drank a litre over 4 litres / 1 gallon each.

Spectacular views of the canyon! We went in July when the temperatures were over 100. It wasn't as difficult as the rangers made it out to be and urged us to cut our trip short. Next time we will venture past Skeleton Point.

Spectacular hike! Very challenging to walk 3 miles straight downhill only to know you have to return back to the top of the Canyon afterwards, but well worth the effort - fantastic views of the Colorado river once you've reached your destination. Recommend continuing two switchback beyond the point for a shady lunch site with an impressive view. Bring enough water! Then pack even more water. And plan to take your time on your way back up.

done as part of a larger hike a couple of times

Straight down and super tough climb back up

Went in August, which was HOT. It was so easy going down, but harder to get back up. Give yourself lots of time to ascend and bring more water then you think you need. I also brought lots of bite sized snacks as I burned a lot of energy going back up and had to take more breaks than I thought.

I hiked the South Kaibab Trail down to Skeleton point (and back) for my first Grand Canyon experience. It was a pretty nice workout. I carried a lot of water and snacks. The views from this trail are amazing. For a day hike, this is a little strenuous but the sights to be seen are phenomenal. The feeling, when you first catch a glimpse of the Colorado River from Skeleton point is just awesome. I would recommend having a hiking pole and having good shoes. I did the mistake of using my normal running shoes and found it a little slippery while going down.

Wow!!! Hands down the best trail I have done in my life. As written everywhere, bring plenty of water and salty food supplies to keep hydrated. I have vertigo but I got through all the cliffs with no problem, really enjoyed the amazing views.

Wonderful hike with my wife. Took us longer than expected but we stopped to take a lot of photos and eat lunch!